Flashing brake lights - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flashing brake lights

Thanks for posting.

DavidK THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...Specifications.

Took 5 mins to install. Pull the trim off that sits above the light panel (not sure that you even need to do that). Remove the two 10mm nuts inside both bags to remove the light panel. Pull the wire harness off and rotate the bulb carrier to the left about 1/4 turn to remove. Running lights are brighter than factory and lights flash 3 times each time the brakes are engaged.

Thanks for not only telling us exactly what you bought, but also how to do it. I would NOT have tried this myself if it was not for your instructions. It did truly take 10 minutes and they work awesome. Thanks again. I am not mechanically inclined but your easy instructions made me want to try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    Thanks for not only telling us exactly what you bought, but also how to do it. I would NOT have tried this myself if it was not for your instructions. It did truly take 10 minutes and they work awesome. Thanks again. I am not mechanically inclined but your easy instructions made me want to try it myself.
    Glad to hear that my post was so helpful. I'm in the same boat and not very daring, so I like to hear other peoples experiences as well. I don't post a lot, but I figure that if I have a question, or an answer, there is probably someone else looking for the same info.

Hey Davidk I just installed these myself. Thanks again for posting the original information.

During the install I found the lamp socket on the left side was somewhat melted and will be replaced, but the upside is these LED's will run much cooler.

Attachment 18301

Thanks for the post Davidk! I just ordered a set of the Super Bright LEDs. Anything that keeps the crazies off of my a$$ is worth every penny!

So if you just want a couple back off flashes and don't care about fancy patterns, these are the way to go, right?
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Finally got around to getting them ordered. Can't wait to get them installed. Since the weather is bad, good time to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Great simple mod. Love my flashy's as well.

Here's a simple security system for your bike.

Place sticker in a visible spot.

Attachment 18075
    And be the first in your neighborhood to have a politically correct motorcycle.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...Specifications.

Took 5 mins to install. Pull the trim off that sits above the light panel (not sure that you even need to do that). Remove the two 10mm nuts inside both bags to remove the light panel. Pull the wire harness off and rotate the bulb carrier to the left about 1/4 turn to remove. Running lights are brighter than factory and lights flash 3 times each time the brakes are engaged.

Thanks for the info. I just placed my order. This will complete my rear lighting/ safety upgrades.
    Bill

Just wanted to add my thanks for finding and posting this. Also not mechanically inclined and followed your directions and got it done pretty easily.

Mike
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson