Flashing brake lights - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flashing brake lights

Quote Originally Posted by CopperMike View Post
    Just wanted to add my thanks for finding and posting this. Also not mechanically inclined and followed your directions and got it done pretty easily.

Mike

Thanks for letting me know. Glad its been helpful to so many people!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...Specifications.

Took 5 mins to install. Pull the trim off that sits above the light panel (not sure that you even need to do that). Remove the two 10mm nuts inside both bags to remove the light panel. Pull the wire harness off and rotate the bulb carrier to the left about 1/4 turn to remove. Running lights are brighter than factory and lights flash 3 times each time the brakes are engaged.

Hey David, I hope it's as easy as you say. I just placed my order and should have them by the middle of the week. I'm not afraid to use a wrench, but the plastic covers on this bike just scare the sh!t outa me.

Don't be scared, they pop of easy. One beer, one wrench and 20 minutes......done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I'm no mechanic and managed it just fine. Don't over tighten when putting back together. Snug on the inside nut. I over did one just a little....no harm done, but thought I'd mention it.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Thanks for letting me know. Glad its been helpful to so many people!
    Just as you said! My Super Brights came in today's mail @ 10:00AM, had them installed and everything buttoned up by 10:45.(Had to finish reading the paper before I went to the garage).

Thanks for the encouraging post.

SierraKen
    Ordered mine. Hope to receive next week. Many thanks for your original post.

LED Break Lights

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...Specifications.

Took 5 mins to install. Pull the trim off that sits above the light panel (not sure that you even need to do that). Remove the two 10mm nuts inside both bags to remove the light panel. Pull the wire harness off and rotate the bulb carrier to the left about 1/4 turn to remove. Running lights are brighter than factory and lights flash 3 times each time the brakes are engaged.

Where did you get the LED bulbs, and what is the number for them? Thanks Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    I came off of a full dress wing. I had mounted the Whelen TIR 3 and connected it to the brakes. I planned on doing the same on the "B" then a saw theSuper Brite brake mod. It is not as bright as a Whelen, but install is much easier and it goes solid after three flashes. Install is simple and well worth it.
    I have them both. The 3 flash brake lights, and the Whelen that continues to flash. It may be annoying to the person sitting behind me, but it is better than getting hit from the rear by a distracted driver.

So Easy!!

Just installed my first mod and boy was it easy to do and man does it make a difference.

Thanks for the post, it could be a life saver.

Circle-5

Brake LEDs

Two bulbs
    Since there is no common flasher, how do the two bulbs flash together in synchronized fashion?