Cold weather gloves or muffs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold weather gloves or muffs?

Cold weather gloves or muffs?

Looking to find a solution for 40-55 degree riding. Don't want thick gloves as i loose touch with the controls. Would handlebar muffs work? Perhaps with light gloves? Ideas? Know of any ,warm but not too thick gloves?

Look at the Baker Hand Wings. My ride to OKC was 8 hours at 48-50 degrees and I wore my summer gloves with heated grips and grip dogs. I know the heated grips do wonders, but the BHWs knock every bit of wind away from your bear claws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Look at the Baker Hand Wings. My ride to OKC was 8 hours at 48-50 degrees and I wore my summer gloves with heated grips and grip dogs. I know the heated grips do wonders, but the BHWs knock every bit of wind away from your bear claws.
    +1. That combination- Hand Wings and heated grips have added many, many miles to my cold weather riding!

Count me in the baker wings camp. Using them and my heated grips I can wear my mesh gloves down to 45 or so.

i will definitely check out the Baker Wings. Unfortunately, I didn't get the deluxe so no heated grips for me.

Thanks to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    i will definitely check out the Baker Wings. Unfortunately, I didn't get the deluxe so no heated grips for me.

Thanks to all!
    You can always add heated grips !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    You can always add heated grips !!!
    I added Kurakian grips and they get glued on. I imagine that it will be a bitch to remove them

I added Kurakian grips and they get glued on. I imagine that it will be a bitch to remove them
    I use heated glove liners. Of course they're plugged into my heated jacket liner as well.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Hippo Hands

Looking to find a solution for 40-55 degree riding. Don't want thick gloves as i loose touch with the controls. Would handlebar muffs work? Perhaps with light gloves? Ideas? Know of any ,warm but not too thick gloves?
    There is a product called Hippo Hands. They look odd to some but they sure do work. I had some on my old 78 Wing.

I use Gerbings gloves along with the jackit liner. I will run the grip heaters in addition when it gets around 35 degrees. If you go with gloves only do get a controller. If jackit and gloves get the dual controller.