New bike purchase. (Hope you don't mind me sharing) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New bike purchase. (Hope you don't mind me sharing)

Dave that is the best looking Wing produce to this day, now once you put it in the sun light come back and tell us what you really
    think about the color, it is very pretty.

Very nice , that would be the color I'd want . Enjoy .

Now THAT is the customer service we all expect!! Congrats on the new ride.

Dave. It's going to b a long winter
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Sounds like time for a FLA vacation !!!! Going over to the beach to eat on Sunday!!! Mid 80's....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Nice color . If I was in the market for a new Wing I really like the 2016 black/grey scheme. Shows on Honda website as a Japanese model but from what I hear will be available across the pond. Enjoy.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by carpdm View Post
    Thanks for sharing. It's a great color combo. Make more beautiful by the smile on Andrea. .

Sounds like a great dealership that will go the extra mile to find a bike. Think they can find a Honda ST1300PA? Let me know who I should contact.
    George Tubbs
    Toll Free 866-LAKECITY
    574-269-4199
    Closed Sunday and Monday.
    http://www.lakecityhonda.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    First off, I have to say I have a FANTASTIC Honda Dealer. Doug (six2go) will most likely back me up on that. Lake City Honda in Warsaw IN. I have been dealing with them since I purchased my 1984 V65 Sabre from them. (Wicked fast bike for the time.)

Anyway, the gave me a smoking deal on trade in for my Valkyrie Interstate two years ago and I purchased a 2013 Honda F6B. I loved the bike and it did everything I wanted it to do with one exception. My bride wasn't comfortable on it despite all my efforts to accommodate her. Since this is something we enjoy together a solution to this problem was required. I posted the bike for sale on this forum and it was sold a week later and it went to a new home in Ohio.

After looking at several different bikes and weighing all the options the 2015 Gold Wing ended up at the top of the list. I loved the 40th anniversary model paint scheme but in late November in my neck of the woods they were difficult to find. My dealer offered me a 2016 at great price but I just wasn't a fan of the color options and I had really gotten used to the blacked out paint scheme of my F6B. Fortunately George at Lake City was able to find me precisely the bike I wanted in a Honda warehouse and had it shipped, I got a call early in the week and he told me it was in.

My wife and I arrived at the dealership yesterday morning and they took us to the warehouse area
    and here is what we saw. They even took the time to put red ribbons on it!

Attachment 18124

I have to tell you I was a little excited. I had not seen this color combination in person and was concerned a bit in the back of my mind if I would like it when I saw it for the first time. We then proceeded to remove the outer cover.

Attachment 18125

I have to admit that when I first saw it I think I heard angels singing. I really liked the combination and it was really interesting to see how they ship them from the factory. With the exception of the outer cover (which of course I HAD to keep) it is all returnable dunnage and it will be returned to Japan to ship out the next Gold Wing. This was the first guy to sit his rear end in the seat. (except for some 125 pound Japanese guy) LOL Clearly there still remains some assembly to complete the bike after removing it from the shipping container.

Attachment 18126

It will be spending the balance of our Midwestern winter at the dealer, which works to the dealers advantage as this will provide ample time to install additional farkles and bits besides the ones he is already going to add. This final shot is of Andrea and I and well.....this shot explains my actions the best. Thanks for following along on our little adventure, I am guessing at least a few of you understand completely. Thanks for all of your advice and friendship on this forum, and if its ok I will still hang out.

Attachment 18127
    Hope we will continue to see you at all of our Inzanes like we have for years.
    We still love ya brother.
    shortleg

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    Dave. It's going to b a long winter
    Yep, it's really gonna put him to the test. Hopefully with El Nino, we will have an early Springlike end to winter!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Nice! Congrats!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson