Merry Christmas video - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas video

It does look like the Honda rack I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Great video. Question on Gerbing.

Hi,
    First thing, excellent video. I bought my F6B in October as well. Looks like I have a lot of work to do.

Question on your Gerbing install: I like the box on your farkle shelf to control the Gerbing gear. Clean installation. I haven't seen anything like that, is that something you built from an off the shelf box? I've looked at the Gerbing 'permanent installation controller' (or whatever they call it) and on the back end it just gives you a couple of pigtails. I could see how one could wire the PowerLet plug to one of the pigtails. Just curious how you did it.

Also noted that you appear to have a 2 channel controller in that box but only one socket (the PowerLet outlet). Am I missing something?
    Thanks, Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Great video Jim!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    Hi,
    First thing, excellent video. I bought my F6B in October as well. Looks like I have a lot of work to do.

Question on your Gerbing install: I like the box on your farkle shelf to control the Gerbing gear. Clean installation. I haven't seen anything like that, is that something you built from an off the shelf box? I've looked at the Gerbing 'permanent installation controller' (or whatever they call it) and on the back end it just gives you a couple of pigtails. I could see how one could wire the PowerLet plug to one of the pigtails. Just curious how you did it.

Also noted that you appear to have a 2 channel controller in that box but only one socket (the PowerLet outlet). Am I missing something?
    Thanks, Pete
    Pete,

Good questions on the heat controller...what you see on the farkle shelf is the First Gear Warm 'n Safe wireless dual control transmitter...there is a corresponding wireless dual receiver in a sewn-on pocket of my Gerbings jacket. To see the complete set-up, click here

This setup only requires one power hook-up, hence the single Powerlet connection on the bike. The wireless dual receiver is what supplies and controls the two channels to the jacket.

Hope this helps!

Jim O'Dowd
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Very nice...thganks for posting. BTW is that an OEM luggage rack?
    Yes.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

We'll have to meet sometime on a ride. I'm not that far from you here in E-town, KY
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Lights Questions

LOVE what you did with your lights. Can you please provide the details of what you did in the rear? Brand names and all. EXACTLY what I want to do ! Love the synching of the TIR3 with the brake lights.

Heating gear controller etc

Oh I really like that wireless controller! Now why didn't I find that myself...?

Question: (Yes I was that kid in grade school who always asked questions) Do you use this controller with Gerbing heated gear? I read something a while back that gave me the jitters about mixing controllers and gear from different manufacturers.

Also i have the same Windbender windscreen setup as you. I'm very pleased with it so far, though haven't had it on any long trips yet. As far as mounting stuff, I like the look of the farkle shelf as you have it. So far I have gone with Ram Mounts. Started with the ball mounts off of the aft side of the throttle/clutch grips, but found that the devices were way too far 'in my face' so then went with reservoir mounts. We'll see how that goes. So yeah, I'm accumulating lots of spare parts!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    Pete,

Good questions on the heat controller...what you see on the farkle shelf is the First Gear Warm 'n Safe wireless dual control transmitter...there is a corresponding wireless dual receiver in a sewn-on pocket of my Gerbings jacket. To see the complete set-up, click here

This setup only requires one power hook-up, hence the single Powerlet connection on the bike. The wireless dual receiver is what supplies and controls the two channels to the jacket.

Hope this helps!

Jim O'Dowd
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

On painting, did you have someone local do the painting and was matching difficult?

Your mods and work are first class !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Neighbor

Jim, enjoyed the video. Now I'll be looking for you in the neighborhood. I live in Thompsons Station.

Jim