TORQUE LOOPS ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TORQUE LOOPS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Just take your time being especially careful how you seal that first joint. If Jimmy is still including gasket maker instead of muffler sealer, I would recommend buying some muffler sealer. Be very careful not to let the supplied gasket push in too far. You want that gasket flush with the edge. Also, be careful with the orientation of the clamps. If you don't install them right, you won't be able to fit the lower header covers back on. Another tip is to coat the rubber boots on the heat shields with silicone grease. That should help them slide back in place more easily. Good luck!
    Ken thank you for your advice, both in all your posts in various threads and the PM you sent me. We did not end up using muffler sealer on either joint. When you say "...gasket flush with the edge", you mean flush with the edge of the torq loopz right? There's maybe an 1/8" of gasket still visible outside of the loopz on the first joint, and we really hammered down the clamp right on the very edge of the loopz. Sound correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Ken thank you for your advice, both in all your posts in various threads and the PM you sent me. We did not end up using muffler sealer on either joint. When you say "...gasket flush with the edge", you mean flush with the edge of the torq loopz right? There's maybe an 1/8" of gasket still visible outside of the loopz on the first joint, and we really hammered down the clamp right on the very edge of the loopz. Sound correct?
    Elroy--From the latest pix I've seen, apparently, the Loopz gaskets are now coming pre-sealed, i.e. some kind of sealer already coated on the gaskets. That could be a significant improvement over the way it was done previously. If the gaskets are still the same length as the ones I got previously, they are fairly short. So, what can happen is that as you slide the Loopz on the header pipes, the gasket can slide back inside too far. As long as you make sure the gasket stays right on the edge of the Loopz, you should be fine.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Ken, given that the new gaskets are pre-sealed I would assume that there is no need for additional muffler sealer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeken47 View Post
    Ken, given that the new gaskets are pre-sealed I would assume that there is no need for additional muffler sealer...
    I really can't say since I haven't seen the new pre-sealed gaskets. If they do, in fact, have a high-quality, high-temp sealer already applied then maybe you'll be OK. Maybe someone else around here has used these newer gaskets and can report back.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I really can't say since I haven't seen the new pre-sealed gaskets. If they do, in fact, have a high-quality, high-temp sealer already applied then maybe you'll be OK. Maybe someone else around here has used these newer gaskets and can report back.
    I had the new gaskets with the red sealant already applied. After lots of headaches I used additional muffler sealer anyway. Glad I did. The fit between the loopz and the header pipe is tight enough that it peeled back the red sealer in a lot of spots. YMMV, but I wasn't taking anymore chances....

Thanks - I appreciate the info...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

We finally got a set of Torq Loopz on our own F6B. They are installed with a set of Rush Mufflers with the 2.25" Baffles.
    You will instantly notice the deeper sound. The sound still levels off at quite a lower rate at cruising speeds.
    When you get on it, you will notice a pretty good bark with the Rush Mufflers. I really did not notice drone before with the 2.25" baffles, but my son noticed a little compared to his new Valkyrie, that is not there now.
    The sound is somewhat like my old Valkyrie now, but much more refined.
    The heat is gone from the Catalytic Converters.

I would strongly suggest these if installing after market mufflers, you will get the true sound that you are looking for.
    We also have gotten very good feedback from everyone installing these with stock mufflers.