TORQUE LOOPS ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TORQUE LOOPS ?

It may be paint burning off. The stove paint was rubbed off, said I painted with brake rotor paint. Realized last night that it may not be high temperature enough. Seems to be leak free.

Will try the reset before I leave this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Too each his own on exhaust changes and what ever makes one happy...I personally cannot see the sense and value in spending huge bucks and a major install headache just to, "hopefully" gain a couple of HP and sound...I am perfectly happy with my Cobra's (including a slight drone at times) as are those, I am sure, who have other exhausts and Torq Loopz. JMHO

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Did the reset as described about. Ran and shifted as it should. I noticed more power. My wife also noticed more power and was caught off guard, holding on tight. I'll give a report on mileage in the near future.

QUICK QUESTION, GUYS--WHATDA YA THINK?

Has anybody ever just replaced the gap where the CATS are with a simple straight pipe instead of the loops? What are the benefits of the loops?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Has anybody ever just replaced the gap where the CATS are with a simple straight pipe instead of the loops? What are the benefits of the loops?
    Good question!
    I'd like to know as well.

I don't see a simple pipe working because of a need for the center support, muffler cover support attachment point as well as the front header pipe shield mounting points.

I've been trying to research these pipes on the internet and saw a post saying that these pipes are problematic by working loose and leaking. One guy gave feedback stating that after a year, he would never recommend you to get these unless you like to remove your plastic a lot and re-tighten the clamps. Any of you on here experiencing this issue?
    I'm not bashing these pipes, just trying to get feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Pap View Post
    I've been trying to research these pipes on the internet and saw a post saying that these pipes are problematic by working loose and leaking. One guy gave feedback stating that after a year, he would never recommend you to get these unless you like to remove your plastic a lot and re-tighten the clamps. Any of you on here experiencing this issue?
    I'm not bashing these pipes, just trying to get feedback.
    Pap, here's my take on that...based on my experience, I can see how this is a potential trouble spot for the Loopz. As a result, I would recommend taking extra measures to insure against it. There are two things I've done and would suggest to others considering this mod. First, I doubled up on the sealing gaskets (you could get by with 1 1/2 gaskets on each side). I believe the supplied gaskets are shorter than they should be so I requested extra gaskets to add to that. Second, I don't particularly like the gasket maker supplied with the kit. After a short time of running, that stuff literally turns to dust. As a result, the second thing I did was to substitute real muffler gasket sealer which I purchased at the auto parts store. I understand some people use high temp silicone which would probably be fine as well. I have a feeling however, that any future disassembly would be more difficult with that. After taking these steps, I have had no further problems with leakage and doubt I ever will.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Clamps can be placed in such a way that they are easily reached with all covers in place.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNC View Post
    Clamps can be placed in such a way that they are easily reached with all covers in place.
    +1
    and even after more than a year of riding with OEM exhaust mufflers and now an aftermarket system mine have not come loose or leaked, but gasket placement is crucial in that respect.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/