Trailer, storage fly & ride
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer, storage fly & ride

Trailer, storage fly & ride

Hello All,
    I'm planning to trailer 2 bikes from MN to AZ. One bike is my F6B and the other a Road King. My plan, once the bikes are shipped is to fly down a few times during the winter months, do some riding then fly down in spring to ride back to MN.

Question 1: Do you think I could fit both bikes into a 5x10 trailer?

Question 2: Any suggestions on where to store a motorcycle in the Mesa/Phoenix area? Depending on the answer to question #1, I may rent a 5x10 self storage locker. If you have suggests for a self storage company/location please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

shooter
    You'll never get those two bikes in 5x10 trailer or storage.

Does the Road King have bags, and if so, are they detachable? If so, remove them, and they should fit, but you will have to have one bike facing forward and one facing the opposite. Two people can slide the rear wheel of the bike without bags toward the side of the trailer, allowing room for the "6". Also depends on what type of tie down system is in the trailer. Hopefully, you have some type of track system, which allows tie downs almost anywhere. If you are relying on those few "rings" types that come in many trailers, you will most likely have some difficulties properly securing them. Good luck. I did that same trip in Nov, but was in a 6.5' x14', with 4 tracks on the floor. Good luck and enjoy the Arizona Mtns!

On second thought, Shooter may be right. I was thinking you had a 12' trailer. Well, won't hurt to try. The B is a LONG machine. Again, Good luck!

Shooter and jm21ddd15, you may be right. The saddle bags on the Road King are removable. But, if I need to stagger the bikes, I will certainly need a 12 length trailer.

jm21ddd15, you mentioned that in Nov. you did the same trip. Are you storing your bike in AZ? Or, do you spend winters in AZ?

I pulled my F6B to South Dakota back in June in my 6 x 10. That was the deal to get my wife to go... Can't imagine 2 bikes that size in it let alone a 5' wide trailer. F6B fit nicely, but it would be a stretch to pu 2 bikes that size.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I have a 5 X 10 trailer and they both definitely will not fit....even if you remove the Harley's bags.....your gonna need a bigger trailer.....

Quote Originally Posted by carpdm View Post
    Shooter and jm21ddd15, you may be right. The saddle bags on the Road King are removable. But, if I need to stagger the bikes, I will certainly need a 12 length trailer.

jm21ddd15, you mentioned that in Nov. you did the same trip. Are you storing your bike in AZ? Or, do you spend winters in AZ?
    No, I keep the 6 at home in Wi. Went to Az with a friend. He had some business so I went along to get some more riding before the season ended. Rode the 4-Peaks area, then up to the Hoover Dam, and some mtns just a bit west of Vegas. We went to the SEMA Auto show too. Good trip!

Well, definitely going to need a bigger trailer. Thanks for the replies.

Still hoping for some wisdom from the list on places to store a bike in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by carpdm View Post
    Well, definitely going to need a bigger trailer. Thanks for the replies.

Still hoping for some wisdom from the list on places to store a bike in AZ.
    A bigger trailer AND no place to store the bikes? May I ask what was your plan to store the trailer if there is already zero room for the bikes?

Maybe someone on CraigsList has a two car garage for rent in the area. You'll need all that and some..