Go Pro Mount - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go Pro Mount

i have mine on the right side on a (full face) helmet. Steady video and see's what you see, its close enough to my right ear -so I can hear the beeps on/off. Plus I can look down at my right side mirror and see reflection if the lights blinking (recording) or off on (stand by) -- and if I have been recording for awhile, it takes the guesswork if its still recording or if battery is dead-etc.. Just my .02 cents and worked great at the Franklin Rally at Deals Gap-etc. You can find my youtube video in the video section here.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Quote Originally Posted by F6bisnext View Post
    If you are riding without the camera, what is left on the windshield?
    Just the adhesive GoPro Mount.

Getting a Go Pro is not very high on my list and I have not given this a ton of thought. But I had envisioned hanging it below one of the mirrors with some form of homemade bracket. Anything that had to be drilled or modified would not be visible and the camera would be discreet and out of the way. I guess I need to look at it closer before I jump in. Cycle Gear has them on sale for $199 last Saturday--about half price.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mine is..

On [top of] the left outboard mirror using the factory GoPro sticky mount. The mount is secure, the camera can be easily reached to turn on/off and the camera's wide viewing angle means the whole road ahead is in the frame.

The downside to any mounting location on a bike is getting access to power so you can leave the camera on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Getting a Go Pro is not very high on my list and I have not given this a ton of thought. But I had envisioned hanging it below one of the mirrors with some form of homemade bracket. Anything that had to be drilled or modified would not be visible and the camera would be discreet and out of the way. I guess I need to look at it closer before I jump in. Cycle Gear has them on sale for $199 last Saturday--about half price.
    Baker Wings are in the way there, for me! Maybe on top, but it would be difficult to mount.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt