Ergo II versus Ergo III
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ergo II versus Ergo III

Ergo II versus Ergo III

Can anyone confirm whether the only difference between the Kuryakyn Ergo II and Ergo III highway pegs (apart from the $80 US price difference) is that the II model stays in place where you set them while the III moves up and down with foot pressure on the peg. For a guy with a shorter inseam (30") I'm not sure there would be much upside going with the III model -- the ability to move the peg downwards seems like something only taller guys are going to benefit from. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I also have a 30" inseam and I have the Ergo II with the 6" arms and they fit me perfect. I could not see any benefit in spending more for the Ergo III. But I sure they also work great.

It depends on how you like to position your legs/feet out in front of you.

I have a 30" inseam and went for the Ergo III's because I wanted to keep my feet extended lower out in front of me (vertically below and behind the engine guards) but have the option to have the Ergo foot pads to safely swing back up; so they would not scrape in a tight turn.

You do not have that option with the Ergo II's. If they are extended below the engine guard in a fixed position; you are going to drag on them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

You do not have that option with the Ergo II's. If they are extended below the engine guard in a fixed position; you are going to drag on them.[/QUOTE]

I have nothing bad to say about the Ergo III.
    But the Ergo II are mounted above the guard so they should not drag.

I have Ergo IIs on my Valk and I have the Ergo IIIs on my B. I have a 30 " inseam and have really grown very fond of the IIIs. The inse,a doesn't matter, it about how your legs are positioned when your feet are on the highway pegs. The only down side if you can call it that, is that you have to be a bit conscious about turning and lean angles if your feet are on the highway pegs. I have scraped them a few times. No big deal. I'm usually pretty aware and just put my feet on the regular pegs when in really twisty sections.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I have the II's here is a picture of them powder coated black with 6" extensions. My inseam is 29".

highway peg.jpg
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Brasco if you want to feel in person if the Ergo 3 would or wouldn't suit you, you're welcome to come sit on my bike. It sits in a wheel chock, so you can stretch out. I have a stock seat, not sure what you're used to on your black beauty.

Thanks to all for your thoughts on this. Much appreciated! Jayrock, I'll be in touch to check it out in person! Happy New Year to all.

powder coated

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I have the II's here is a picture of them powder coated black with 6" extensions. My inseam is 29".

Attachment 18243
    hello,

From the pic they seem to match pretty well with the engine guard, does it look that way in person? Did you have them coated yourself? If so do they need to take off the orig coating, seems expensive.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Macs_F6B View Post
    hello,

From the pic they seem to match pretty well with the engine guard, does it look that way in person? Did you have them coated yourself? If so do they need to take off the orig coating, seems expensive.

Thanks!
    Engine guard(s) is flat black. Ergo's are glossy black powder coated.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537