TBR Comp-s 2nd Generation

Thread: TBR Comp-s 2nd Generation

TBR Comp-s 2nd Generation

I have found some new TBR pipes for $549. Anyway to tell if they are 2nd generation? Anyone know how 1st and 2nd generation are different?

I ordered them recently and I don't see a difference between 1st and 2nd gen. Googled it and found nothing....

Update: I think I found the answer.....1st gen is for GL1800's up to year 2010. 2nd gen is from 2012 - 2015 Goldwings including F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevvvo View Post
    I ordered them recently and I don't see a difference between 1st and 2nd gen. Googled it and found nothing....

Update: I think I found the answer.....1st gen is for GL1800's up to year 2010. 2nd gen is from 2012 - 2015 Goldwings including F6B.
    Are you also getting Torq Loops?

no....I like the sound of these pipes just the way they are....drone people speak of does not bother me....riding harleys all day will make drone noise on this bike seem like lullaby music..LOL

no....I like the sound of these pipes just the way they are....drone people speak of does not bother me....riding harleys all day will make drone noise on this bike seem like lullaby music..LOL
    +1 on your comments...I just don't understand the "drone" issue some have...It does not bother me and I have Cobra's on mine and really enjoy the looks and sound...Oh well, to each his own!!!!

OK....ditched the TBR's since doing more research I found that these tend to be louder than even your 6 into 6. I thought they were the quietest of the bunch. Now I am contemplating the pipes you have. I don't want them to be any louder than stock. I have listened to them on youtube but it is not convincing enough for me to pull the trigger on them. I know they are obviously louder but how much? If you could rate them from 1 - 10 in sound compared to stock...where would that number be? I may have to wait and hear them in the flesh but no one around here has them on the F6B.

OK....ditched the TBR's since doing more research I found that these tend to be louder than even your 6 into 6. I thought they were the quietest of the bunch. Now I am contemplating the pipes you have. I don't want them to be any louder than stock. I have listened to them on youtube but it is not convincing enough for me to pull the trigger on them. I know they are obviously louder but how much? If you could rate them from 1 - 10 in sound compared to stock...where would that number be? I may have to wait and hear them in the flesh but no one around here has them on the F6B.
    This is great news to me. Just ordered mine from wingstuff about an hour ago. I can't wait, my finger had been on the trigger for months!

Since you don't want it louder than stock, hold off for a bit before you order. A buddy and I just ordered torq loops and were going to install them with the stock mufflers. We'll let you know how it sounds and performs.