Road trip to Daytona

Thread: Road trip to Daytona

Road trip to Daytona

I've been thinking about the possibility of riding down to Daytona for bike week (3/04/16 - 3/14/16 ) and wondering weather anyone else has been contemplating the same early season ride?
    My plan would be tentative based on the weather patterns at the time. I would be leaving NE PA some time during the first week of March. The route would be down through S. New Jersey to pick up I-95 south, near Trenton. Hopefully riding to the N. Carolina border that first good weather day. The second day, being well below the Mason Dixon line, should be a lot warmer so from there the ride plan would be open.
    If anyone has some suggestions or would like to join in along the route please add your comments.

Cool

53 Driver might.....Oh never mind he moved to FLA to avoid a little snow!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I was going to this year---if I am not living in Fla by then. I mentioned this to the wife yesterday and she informed me that I would not be riding 9 hours on I-95. Gonna have to borrow a trailer from somewhere.

Year before last, we drove her MX5 down and on the way back there was a terrible accident in south Ga where about 3 Harley riders got killed in a terrible accident in the rain. We were stuck in traffic for over an hour before they closed down the highway altogether. Bike parts were scattered all on the highway and the bikes were in the woods. We still talk about it and she is still spooked by the thoughts. Add to that my son in law was also killed in an accident on I-95 in 2011 and all I have to do is mention riding the bike on that road and it gets immediate opposition. I do hate interstate riding for long periods---especially I-95.

Hope to see you guys there. What is it--- 9 weeks away?
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Down to 62* and rain...come on spring !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Yep, it's only 9 weeks away.

The interstates never really scare me. I've always found that the traffic always runs in plugs of 20 to 30 vehicles. Then a space I like to call the rocking chair, that's the trick us old folks found, staying in the rocker.
    Every rally I've ever been to from Americade to Ocean city has it's accidents usually brought on by newbie riders with more horsepower than experience.