Can an XM receiver connect to stock audio system?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can an XM receiver connect to stock audio system?

Can an XM receiver connect to stock audio system?

Want to add XM radio receiver to my 2013 F6B Deluxe. How would I get it to play through bikes audio system? Will installing auxiliary cable from Honda plugged into XM unit allow for unit to play through the bikes speaker system? Do I need to add XM antenna as well? I can run power to unit from battery, or another source . May consider getting an XM capable GPS unit if it will work with stock audio system. Thanks for any input and advice

What you want to do will work. You will need an antenna for the radio.

Yep and you do need a satellite antenna.
    Mine is on the ledge, upper left, behind the windshield.
    Hit the Aux button a second time and it will play.
    Power to my Sirius receiver comes from the accessory wire also under the left cubby. It's hot when the key is turned on.

Attachment 18044
    20150913_102042 (1).jpg
    Attachment 18046
    Use the 8mm cable under the left cubby as input to your Sirius XM receiver. I'm sure there are other ways but none integrated like the higher level Goldwing systems.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Yep and you do need a satellite antenna.
    Mine is on the ledge, upper left, behind the windshield.
    Hit the Aux button a second time and it will play.
    Power to my Sirius receiver comes from the accessory wire also under the left cubby. It's hot when the key is turned on.

Attachment 18044
    Attachment 18045
    Attachment 18046
    Use the 8mm cable under the left cubby as input to your Sirius XM receiver. I'm sure there are other ways but none integrated like the higher level Goldwing systems.
    Your antenna works well there? The windshield doesn't interfere with the signal.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Does the auxiliary wire serve both functions, powering up the XM/GPS unit and playing music through the bikes speakers?

The output from the Sat. Recvr is a no brainer, straight into the earplug jack. However, if you put the receiver away in the left cubby you won't be able to safely reach it to change channels. Unless you have a remote, or are stopped.

The aux earplug in the left cubby does not power diddly. But you could install a power outlet there.

The usb plug in the left saddlebag not only carries the sound it also changes selection and powers whatever you choose. Only from the left saddlebag can you use the change functions on your left handlebar.

Yes the sound lever controls the sound of the entire system.

To Summarize: AUX has two inputs, one in the left cubby that does not have it's own power and can not be controlled by channel switch on handlebars. The other is the USB connection in the left saddlebag. This does have power and it can be controlled from the left handlebar controls.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Thank you for all the info. I currently have an ipod connected in the left saddlebag. If I can mount an XM receiver in that bag and plug it into the usb in there and have full function from the handlebar controls that may be the way to go. If I decide to go with a combo xm/gps will have to get power from under the left storage box. I have my radar detector powered fro there now with aux socket. Can power radar detector from battery if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by pvmarcon View Post
    Thank you for all the info. I currently have an ipod connected in the left saddlebag. If I can mount an XM receiver in that bag and plug it into the usb in there and have full function from the handlebar controls that may be the way to go. If I decide to go with a combo xm/gps will have to get power from under the left storage box. I have my radar detector powered fro there now with aux socket. Can power radar detector from battery if need be.
    All you need to do is plug the XM radio into the mini plug in left cubby for sound.
    Next get yourself a USB adapter for you power plug on Your XM radio.
    That will eliminate the need for the large power plug they come with.
    Or you can power it with the power plug it comes with from the cir style outlet
    thats in the left cubby, next my antenna has a magnet on bottom and I have it
    placed on the speaker grill.
    All will fit in left cubby
    shortleg

XM Reciever

I originally had my receiver in the cubby but ended up moving it to the handle bar. I like it there and when I get off the bike, I just put it in my pocket. See pic.Attachment 18051

Sirius (XM) on left, GPS on right. I got the mounts from Leader M/C Accessories.

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/sate...oldwing-black/
    Ride Safe, Ride Often

C

Mekong Delta/Can Tho/ Rung Sat- 8/66 ~ 8/68

I put my XM in my left cubby along with the antenna. Had a powerport in there also so everything was contained in the left cubby secured by double sided tape. Worked just fine with the exception of changing the channels. This wasn't an issue because there are about 4 channels total I listen to anyway.

sat_radio.jpg