Let Us Do The Hard Work!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let Us Do The Hard Work!

Let Us Do The Hard Work!

Cool

Cool, good news...!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

A unibit? Where's the dynomite?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    I'm wondering if the installation is necessary on the helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'm wondering if the installation is necessary on the helmets.
    Hey shooter,

We actually posted a blog article not too long ago talking about helmets/headsets/installation and in Step Four we share why we think it's important to have a headset properly installed. As a side note, and as the article states, some helmets require little to no installation while others tend to be a bit more complicated. It all depends.

If you want to, check out our two cents for what it's worth: http://wingstuff.com/blog_detail/659...t_combo_that_s

If I may interject a thought here...I'm sure you guys know how to properly install a helmet headset but the problem I see with that is knowing how deep to set the speakers. Those of us who have done this job many times know how tricky that can be. Even good helmet speakers don't have good fidelity unless they are placed really close to your ears and probably even touching the ears. Of course, if they're placed too close, they can irritate your ears. I have found this part of the installation to be trial-and-error to get them right .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by WingStuff.com View Post
    Hey shooter,

We actually posted a blog article not too long ago talking about helmets/headsets/installation and in Step Four we share why we think it's important to have a headset properly installed. As a side note, and as the article states, some helmets require little to no installation while others tend to be a bit more complicated. It all depends.

If you want to, check out our two cents for what it's worth: http://wingstuff.com/blog_detail/659...t_combo_that_s
    On a different side note, since we're talking helmets....have you guys ever heard of a helmet causing a harmonic hum? I posted a thread about this here. I proved it's the helmet by using a half helmet. I haven't tried a different full face. Shoei RF1200
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    On a different side note, since we're talking helmets....have you guys ever heard of a helmet causing a harmonic hum? I posted a thread about this here. I proved it's the helmet by using a half helmet. I haven't tried a different full face. Shoei RF1200
    Yes, I have a HJC 3/4 and a modular helmet. Both of them will cause a harmonic hum with the exhaust. I just use foam earplugs at highway speeds. Takes care of the hum and can still hear my stereo as well as the rest of the environment around me.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Ya Will, I was wondering is this is a known problem, or just related to our bike.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Ya Will, I was wondering is this is a known problem, or just related to our bike.
    It's related to our bikes; at least mine. I never got this hum on my Triumph Rocket III nor my Victory Vision.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537