Let Us Do The Hard Work! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let Us Do The Hard Work!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by WingStuff.com View Post
    Hey shooter,

We actually posted a blog article not too long ago talking about helmets/headsets/installation and in Step Four we share why we think it's important to have a headset properly installed. As a side note, and as the article states, some helmets require little to no installation while others tend to be a bit more complicated. It all depends.

If you want to, check out our two cents for what it's worth: http://wingstuff.com/blog_detail/659...t_combo_that_s
    I only use Shoei helmets and they are extremely easy to take apart and install headsets. I assumed that most helmets were about the same. I wasn't questioning your ability. What I think is simple.may be difficult to others. I'm sure you do a top notch job. Just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Yes, I have a HJC 3/4 and a modular helmet. Both of them will cause a harmonic hum with the exhaust. I just use foam earplugs at highway speeds. Takes care of the hum and can still hear my stereo as well as the rest of the environment around me.
    Talked about before on earlier posts and yes harmonic hum is there with my HJC 3/4 and my Shoei 3/4...Not as bad with the open face HJC but more noticeable with my Shoei...Cobra pipes tend to add to the noise, but it is not bothersome to me anymore...Foam earplugs help some, but I have issues wearing plugs for some reason, different size ear canals or something....Anyhow going into the 3rd riding season soon, I will just motor on!!!!....Ride safe