What ever happened to football?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to football?

What ever happened to football?

I like--not love football. Baseball and the Yankees and Braves are my main sports interest, but I somewhat follow football --I watch about a single game or parts of 2 or 3 per week--with a passive interest until the playoffs. Living in NC, you have to root for the Panthers and the game with the Giants the other week really turned me off with all the crap going on between the Odell Beckham show and Carolina defense. I was really turned off.

Well last night just about did me in for professional football. I do not really care for the Bengals, but I do hate the Steelers so that kind of forced me to pull for the Bengals. I ended up wishing both teams could have lost. The stupidity on the part of both teams---even a Pittsburgh coach got penalized for unsportsman like conduct. The crown jewel was when Bengals players cost their team a hard fought come from behind victory by giving up 30 yards to Pittsburgh without running a single play and allowing them to win the game because of conduct that would get them arrested outside the stadium. What really ticks me off is that the Steelers were just as bad goading them.

It appears the NFL is looking more and more like the WWF. All that was missing was a player running off the bench with a metal folding chair and hitting somebody on the back of the head while the ref is not looking.

I am so disgusted!!!!! (as if you can't tell)
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not only that which you have mentioned above... the officiating this year sucks too. Terrible calls, missed calls; etc..

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I'm a Patriots fan, living 40 miles from the stadium, but... I agree. I've toned down my interest in the game, and to be honest , in sports in general. I'm no longer a fanatic, I go to bed before games are over. I'm more about living my life than dying with sports.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm a Patriots fan, living 40 miles from the stadium, but... I agree. I've toned down my interest in the game, and to be honest , in sports in general. I'm no longer a fanatic, I go to bed before games are over. I'm more about living my life than dying with sports.
    Agree. I do not worship men in tights

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Agree. I do not worship men in tights
    I also have lost much interest in Football...The rules "suck", too many flags, wrong calls, boring running plays, way to much "look at me dancing around BS" and I play football but can't read or write attitudes...Have not watched a game from beginning to end in a long time...Oh well, as long as these guys get "huge bucks" for acting like jerks the game will go on!!!....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I like--not love football. Baseball and the Yankees and Braves are my main sports interest, but I somewhat follow football --I watch about a single game or parts of 2 or 3 per week--with a passive interest until the playoffs. Living in NC, you have to root for the Panthers and the game with the Giants the other week really turned me off with all the crap going on between the Odell Beckham show and Carolina defense. I was really turned off.

Well last night just about did me in for professional football. I do not really care for the Bengals, but I do hate the Steelers so that kind of forced me to pull for the Bengals. I ended up wishing both teams could have lost. The stupidity on the part of both teams---even a Pittsburgh coach got penalized for unsportsman like conduct. The crown jewel was when Bengals players cost their team a hard fought come from behind victory by giving up 30 yards to Pittsburgh without running a single play and allowing them to win the game because of conduct that would get them arrested outside the stadium. What really ticks me off is that the Steelers were just as bad goading them.

It appears the NFL is looking more and more like the WWF. All that was missing was a player running off the bench with a metal folding chair and hitting somebody on the back of the head while the ref is not looking.

I am so disgusted!!!!! (as if you can't tell)
    Right on, our feelings exactly. None of these"professionals"
    including the coaches, should have the privilege of professional sports. I'd hope there is some discipline headed their way.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I also have lost much interest in Football...The rules "suck", too many flags, wrong calls, boring running plays, way to much "look at me dancing around BS" and I play football but can't read or write attitudes...Have not watched a game from beginning to end in a long time...Oh well, as long as these guys get "huge bucks" for acting like jerks the game will go on!!!....JMHO
    Yep, probably the same sentiments from anyone from Detroit. I just may go through my life time and never see the Lions win a Super Bowl.

shooter
    At least you guys have someone to root for. I have an indignant Rams team that wants a billion dollar stadium or they are leaving. They however can't seem to have a winning season. Its like that Albert Pujols thing. Let em go. Pujols hasn't done anything since he left. The Rams won't do anything until they get new ownership. Wal-Mart shouldn't own a football team. Slashing costs won't get you a winner.

NFL should suspend the Bengal`s LB for at least 4 games for making that hit late in the game--dumb play by a dumb player---agree about most sports--love football, played for six years, but is getting hard to watch---NBA ain`t much better-----still enjoy baseball but just as soon ride the bike and listen to a game on the radio---GO ASTROS!!!!!!

I personally liked the hit by Burfict on AB. This is a game of violence and I want to see violence. You don't want your WR's getting smoked like that, then don't cross the middle. I'll bet Ronnie Lott and Dick Butkis are turning in their .....beds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver