Heated Grips (do you like)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips (do you like)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Heated Grips (do you like)

I just rode 45 miles to work this morning in 34 degree weather (it will be 54 on the way home / and I needed to ride bad).
    I was not cold accept for my hands / I have good leather pants, jacket, boots and TourMaster heated jacket liner.

I used my lighter goat skin perforated gloves because they feel good on the grips (much better control). I have heavy warmer gloves but if the heated grips work then I would really like to use them with my lighter better feeling gloves.

I will be adding the Helibars in the spring if that affects the choice of heated grips. Do I need to buy the expensive Honda OEM heated grips?

Please let me know your experiences and what you think.

I guess since I have not spent any money on the bike in a month or so I feel the need again. After all she is my baby, I love her and nothing is too good for her.
    Steve

Never had them before, but not sure I would buy another bike w/o them....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

They are great. I have the Baker Hand Wings II and heated grips with grip puppies. I have been wearing my summer gloves all season. The closed Baker Wings make a huge difference and then the heated grips allow me to wear lighter gloves. But I have found that I only use the heaters in high or off. Never seen the need to go down in heat.

Try the BHW's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I have heated grips on my FJR, they are great for keeping your palms warm but the outside of your hands still get cold. For this reason I use heated gloves (my pair are at least 15 yrs old). With heated gloves you can use them on any bike and bikes you may buy in the future. I would not pay extra for heated grips. The cord for heated gloves can sometimes be a hassle but being in south central Texas I rarely need them anyway.

The Heated Grips are definitely worth the cost.
    Here in Connecticut I ride all year as long as the roads are clear. I have Heated Gloves AND I installed the OEM Heated Grips.
    In cooler temps when I don't need my heavy Heated Gloves the grips do a great job. In fact I rode to Daytona last October and was sure glad to have them as I didn't bring my heave Heated Gloves.
    Also,, in my opinion the OEM Honda Grips are just plain worth it. If I am going to install anything that I need to depend on, then I am willing to spend a few extra $$ and go OEM.

I spent most of my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I run HeliBars and the OEM heated grips on my F6B with Iso grips over it all and they work fine, just a tad longer to get hot and they do get real warm. Here in Calif. I don't need them very often, but on them cold morning rides or late night rides home they are a blessing IMO and wonder why I never had them before on any of my steel steeds.

helibars3.jpg

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Yes I have them but have only used them once...Don't work as good through the larger Kury grips but I don't really care..... Okay for those who ride in colder weather I suppose....

Heated grips and Baker Air Wings are a great combo (Hot Wings!! ). The nice thing about heated grips vs heated gloves, is that you always have them with you. Even on a surprise cool evening in the summer, spring, fall, you can turn on the heat.

I have Helibars and ISO grips. I have super heated grips (block heaters). They do take longer to migrate the heat through the ISO grips. It is significantly longer on a short trip. Not a problem on a longer trip.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    They are great. I have the Baker Hand Wings II and heated grips with grip puppies. I have been wearing my summer gloves all season. The closed Baker Wings make a huge difference and then the heated grips allow me to wear lighter gloves. But I have found that I only use the heaters in high or off. Never seen the need to go down in heat.

Try the BHW's.
    I also like the heated grips with grip puppies and Baker Wings. Never have to wear heavy gloves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I feel like the southern guys offering opinions on heated grips and gear is kind of like me telling you what suntan lotion to use!

Sorry, kind of funny to me...
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.