BrakeAway Cruise Control - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BrakeAway Cruise Control

Thanks for the update!!! Now hurry up and install it and let us know if it works. I'd love to get one before my trip south on March 7. No pressure, I understand they are predicting 5 below zero this weekend.

PS If it works I'll buy you a beer at Americade.

OK, so I have no patience! I ordered a 7CPO5 last week and received it on Monday. Despite the fact that the lady who answered the phone at Breakaway originally told me they don't make that model number. Luckily there was someone else in the office that corrected her and confirmed that the new model 7CP05 would work on a F6B with Black Kury. ISO grips. Cost from the MFG. was $179.00 shipping included.

Yesterday I installed it and found it to be fairly easy following the MFG. included instructions. It took all of about 30 minutes to do the work, plus another 30 minutes to keep finding those damn little cap screws that I kept dropping on the garage floor. There was no alcohol involved it just those screw are so small and I was working in a cool garage with old numb fingers. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. So just a warning put a drop cloth under the bike so you don't loose those screws when you drop them and you will drop them. Also note the unit was shipped with 3 friction strips. I found the thinnest one worked the best with my ISO grips.

All seems to be working fine but I still have some fine tuning to do and of course that first ride. I"ll let you all know how that works out!

Thanks again to cpt_go for updating us on the new model number.

I managed to get in a 90 mile ride yesterday on a 58 degree day to test out the Breakaway installation.
    All went as advertised. No problems! Heck not even a need for fine tuning. On I-380 I set the lock at 3000 rpm and it maintained the speed within 5 mph. up and down some hills. The release either by the button or the brake worked perfectly.