Putting a GIVI trunk on F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting a GIVI trunk on F6B

Putting a GIVI trunk on F6B

I love the looks of the F6B but want to be able to put a 55 litre GIVI trunk on the back for extra storage and a backrest for my girlfriend when she comes along.

Is there a way to install a monokey adapter on the OEM rack or will I need to get an aftermarket rack like the one available from Twisted Throttle (Twisted Throttle Steel Rack Toprack For Honda F6B '13-'16) to do this?

Many thanks.

I have a 45 litre monolock givi case mounted on oem rack on my 2013 f6b using the universal mount . They also have a universal mount for a monkey case.

Cool

I used the twisted throttle, as it sits the case closer to the bike. The universal givi mount on the standard rack lifts it around 1-1/2".. I use the 47L unit. SWMBO loves the backrest.... (I know but I didn't want a FULL blown Goldwing)

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    I love the looks of the F6B but want to be able to put a 55 litre GIVI trunk on the back for extra storage and a backrest for my girlfriend when she comes along.

Is there a way to install a monokey adapter on the OEM rack or will I need to get an aftermarket rack like the one available from Twisted Throttle (Twisted Throttle Steel Rack Toprack For Honda F6B '13-'16) to do this?

Many thanks.

I went with the Twisted Throttle rear rack with Monokey adapters and a GIVI 46L E460 top case. The 46L case has "very slight" interference with the radio antenna but being flexible it works out fine. A 55L case may present a problem with the antenna. The Twisted Throttle rack is great and designed so you can easily use bungees if not using the case. I'd buy the setup again in a heartbeat. Very reasonably priced also. One thing to note, you must use the mounting hardware that comes with the rack, the stock Honda hardware will not fit. Also, the seat can still be removed / installed with no problems or interference with the rack.

2015F6B,
    I have the exact same set up as you described above and I am extremely happy with it. I have a rack on my other bike that I can switch the Givi trunk to if that's the flavor of the day. Great set up and like you said, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Drilling the top cover lids or buying part from dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Bryster View Post
    I used the twisted throttle, as it sits the case closer to the bike. The universal givi mount on the standard rack lifts it around 1-1/2".. I use the 47L unit. SWMBO loves the backrest.... (I know but I didn't want a FULL blown Goldwing)
    Did you drill the top cover lid pieces or buy the pre-drilled ones from a Honda dealer?
    Looks great, really appreciate the comment that it sits the the case closer to the bike, does it affect the position of the trunk for how close it is to the passenger?

Many thanks

Universal Mount

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    I have a 45 litre monolock givi case mounted on oem rack on my 2013 f6b using the universal mount . They also have a universal mount for a monkey case.
    Could I trouble you to post a couple of photos of the rack and the rack with the trunk installed?

thanks so much.

Been there done that

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post

Many thanks.
    You can definitely use your stock rack, it just takes a little BFH work. Put it in a vise to flatten the bend, use a larger faced hammer to fine tune. Once it is flat it will accommodate the universal rack. I put the 47 on my 13' and it works great. Might go to the 55 for added storage ( week long stuff).
    The GIVI stuff is really nice.
    Good Luck