SOLD Cobra 6-2-6 pipes - Great Price ?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOLD Cobra 6-2-6 pipes - Great Price ??

Quote Originally Posted by grdone1970 View Post
    Jump on them.I paid 700 for mine a few months back.
    I DID I DID LOL.
    How do you like the sound on yours, an do you have any rust issue,s

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    I couldn't be happier with my Cobra Six-2-six pipes. Somebody will certainly enjoy this deal.
    How much louder are they compared lets say at 60mph vs stock. I,m coming from a Harley back ground, I,m thinking these pipes cant be anywhere near the level of my old harleys. Dont want them to be ether, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    How much louder are they compared lets say at 60mph vs stock. I,m coming from a Harley back ground, I,m thinking these pipes cant be anywhere near the level of my old harleys. Dont want them to be ether, lol.
    I have run mine for over 2 1/2 years now..Sound is fine for me even though they do "drone" a little at constant highway speeds. I change throttle speeds at times to change the sound and it works for me...Can't say how much louder they are than stock, but somewhat...If you want loud, take one or more baffles out and they will get "loud"....Some surface rust shows up inside the ends of the pipes, but can be removed with some steel wool and WD-40...I did drill a very small drain hole underneath the pipes where they clamp onto the stock set-up as a little rust was noticed..Moisture accumulates there and the holes let the water drip out when needed....You should be happy with them as I am with mine....Good luck...BTW, you got one "terrific deal"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I have run mine for over 2 1/2 years now..Sound is fine for me even though they do "drone" a little at constant highway speeds. I change throttle speeds at times to change the sound and it works for me...Can't say how much louder they are than stock, but somewhat...If you want loud, take one or more baffles out and they will get "loud"....Some surface rust shows up inside the ends of the pipes, but can be removed with some steel wool and WD-40...I did drill a very small drain hole underneath the pipes where they clamp onto the stock set-up as a little rust was noticed..Moisture accumulates there and the holes let the water drip out when needed....You should be happy with them as I am with mine....Good luck...BTW, you got one "terrific deal"!!!

Tks for the info. Not looking to make them louder done past them days, Just like the looks an maybe a little bit more throaty sound. This Drone everyone talks about. Is that just with a helmet on ? I for one dont where one here in OH.And would it be asking to much to post a pic of exactly were you drilled your holes. So i can do it before i install them ...tks

Tks for the info. Not looking to make them louder done past them days, Just like the looks an maybe a little bit more throaty sound. This Drone everyone talks about. Is that just with a helmet on ? I for one dont where one here in OH.And would it be asking to much to post a pic of exactly were you drilled your holes. So i can do it before i install them ...tks
    Being an "old timer", at 76 I don't know how to post pictures on Web..If I can get ahold of my eldest Son soon I'll ask him to do it...But, in the event I can't, the hole is about a "3/16 or 5/32" drill bit done right behind the clamp that goes from the stock pipe into the Cobra's where they split into the 3 single pipes..Don't drill the Cobra pipes but the small space behind the mounting clamps with hole towards the rear of the bike...Some have done, this others have not..I really am not sure it helps, but in the colder months a fair amount of moisture is always found on my garage floor after starting the bike....Good Luck with your new pipes...

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Stopped in at the Honda dealer today, walked through the Accessories dept....
    Looks like a great buy if you're interested in a set of Cobra 6-2-6 pipes?
    It was at Rosenau Powersports in Dearborn, MI.

Attachment 18479
    You ought to stop back in an let them know your posting sold those pipes. Mite get a FREE something lol.Tell them you know they were shipped to OH.

I think you will be happy with the sound...be careful with the tabs when re-installing the chrome cover at the head of the pipe...no big deal...finds something to support the weight of the pipe so you do not have to become a contortionist ....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Well got them today, MINT..... wow 410$ Attachment 18581Attachment 18582to my door.