early March road trip

Thread: early March road trip

early March road trip

In the middle of Wi. winter and 2 weeks into retirement, not stir crazy yet, but heading towards it. Thinking about end of February, early March road trip, load up bike and head south till I hit about 60 degrees or so. Never done this before, just want to ride, suggestions ?
    Thanks in advance

Early road trip

With El Nino in control you may consider delaying a month and doing the Moonshine Lunch Run in early April.
    Good riding to you whenever.

About all the plan you need. Just go around Chicago. Far around.
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Come to Fla... that was easy !!!!!

Head to the Keys, stay a few days, come up to Daytona for Bike week....get a sun tan !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    In the middle of Wi. winter and 2 weeks into retirement, not stir crazy yet, but heading towards it. Thinking about end of February, early March road trip, load up bike and head south till I hit about 60 degrees or so. Never done this before, just want to ride, suggestions ?
    Thanks in advance
    I would ask to join you I will be in San Diego at that time
    With this crazy weather you might be riding in Wis in March.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I would ask to join you I will be in San Diego at that time
    With this crazy weather you might be riding in Wis in March.
    Their talking hitting 40 next weekend. Looking back at last years calendar, it was 70 on April 11th, I think I am going to forgo the bike ride, just wait a month and ride out my driveway or maybe load up a snowmobile and head east this weekend. lol

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Their talking hitting 40 next weekend. Looking back at last years calendar, it was 70 on April 11th, I think I am going to forgo the bike ride, just wait a month and ride out my driveway or maybe load up a snowmobile and head east this weekend. lol
    AHHH, don't chicken out yet!! Plan and wait until you see the forecast for the first week in March. Then check the weather 500 miles south of you. If it's bad stay the heck home, or put it off for a day or two but if its good, your set to leave your house at 10 am after the morning chill is gone. 500 mi. south is approximately where you'll be after riding 8 hours in the nicest part of the day. I'll bet the next morning you'll be riding in 55 to 60 degree weather. Change course a little to the southeast and you'll see 70's the next morning.
    Now with a little allowance for wind-age you should be in Daytona, FL. for bike week March 6 - 13. Remember you don't have to be there for the first day.
    One of the best perks of retirement is you can alter your plans on a whim.
    Us retired people have to stick together so we can laugh at those who have to keep the world spinning on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    AHHH, don't chicken out yet!! Plan and wait until you see the forecast for the first week in March. Then check the weather 500 miles south of you. If it's bad stay the heck home, or put it off for a day or two but if its good, your set to leave your house at 10 am after the morning chill is gone. 500 mi. south is approximately where you'll be after riding 8 hours in the nicest part of the day. I'll bet the next morning you'll be riding in 55 to 60 degree weather. Change course a little to the southeast and you'll see 70's the next morning.
    Now with a little allowance for wind-age you should be in Daytona, FL. for bike week March 6 - 13. Remember you don't have to be there for the first day.
    One of the best perks of retirement is you can alter your plans on a whim.
    Us retired people have to stick together so we can laugh at those who have to keep the world spinning on schedule.

I like that plan !! we will play it by ear and see what happens.