Off to Tassy

Thread: Off to Tassy

Off to Tassy

Had a great trip last week with a few blokes i used to work with in the Army. We left Melbourne on the overnight ferry (Spirit of Tasmania) at 1800 and arrived in Davenport at 0600. We spent the week doing the east coast ending up at Port Arthur (dats were they sent us criminals from blighty) before heading back along the east coast road.
    Interesting to see the number of opium poppy plantations with no security apart from a standard cattle fence and the occasional sign, I've recently been told that Tasmania produced about 80% of the worlds class 8 drugs.

Chris

Attachment 185564.jpgAttachment 18558Attachment 18559Attachment 18560

Jealous!

Any footpeg feelers left? That would have been a blast

Google Maps tells me you guys had fun, post some more pictures if you've got them

Tassy is a great place, i think there is only about 250000 people on the whole island. I love the west coast so pristine. I now appreciate Bob Browns efforts way back to stop the damming of the Franklin River, onya Bob.

Chris

Departing Melbourne, Someone got me, Conversing with the locals (and not a pretty one in sight), Boarding the Ferry, Brekkie at Constitution Dock

Attachment 18569Attachment 18567Attachment 18568Attachment 18570Attachment 18566

When ever ferry and bike are used in the same trip, it has to be great !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Just a couple more.

The Pub in the Paddock, The Ferry, Southern tip of Tassy (next stop the antarctic), coffee stop, just another paddock

Attachment 18572Attachment 18571Attachment 18573Attachment 18574Attachment 18575

Yep, they pranged the boat in Melbourne the day before we were due to come home, she broke her moorings and almost ended up on St Kilda beach.

Chris