Some GI JOE on a rainy day. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some GI JOE on a rainy day.

The Garand reminds me of a funny family time when my oldest bought his first firearm, meaning he paid and the works.. Anyway, he comes home beaming with pride wanting to go out and shoot his new rifle. Ok, he bought a Czech Mosin Negant, 7.625 military rifle wit a bayonet.
    He shot it 4 times and I shot it 3 times and we had to put it away..Gaash..that thing was violent to shoot.Both our shoulders had had it. We laughed about how tough the Czech women soldiers were to hump that around.
    Anyway, your video reminded me of good times shooting, with my sons. Thanks.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I can attest to the healthy kick a Mosin Nagant will impart to your shoulder; I have six of those puppies....

You want some deep muscle pain? Another rifle that will flat out make you hurt in the Steyr Mannlicher M1895. I have three of those and it is a requirement to keep a PAST Super Mag Plus Recoil Pad Shield under your shirt; as well as a pair of protective shooting glasses, since case ruptures are quite common with the older surplus ammunition for them. Like a min-firecracker spitting back in your face when that happens.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I can attest to the healthy kick a Mosin Nagant will impart to your shoulder; I have six of those puppies....

You want some deep muscle pain? Another rifle that will flat out make you hurt in the Steyr Mannlicher M1895. I have three of those and it is a requirement to keep a PAST Super Mag Plus Recoil Pad Shield under your shirt; as well as a pair of protective shooting glasses, since case ruptures are quite common with the older surplus ammunition for them. Like a min-firecracker spitting back in your face when that happens.
    Attachment 18576

This past Saturday on my front porch I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the Mosin.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Attachment 18576

This past Saturday on my front porch I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the Mosin.
    That is an awesome picture Teach.

I guess it would go without saying; to call ahead if we were to visit?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is an awesome picture Teach.

I guess it would go without saying; to call ahead if we were to visit?

Attachment 18577

Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Attachment 18576

Great range Teach. Can't beat the commute.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Couldn't ride with the rain in Houston, so the youngest and I did our best Band of Brothers act. Been a long time since we broke out the militaria bang bangs.

http://youtu.be/E_4IzLV2Ehg

http://youtu.be/S40tLM-w4HY

http://youtu.be/54QQHYYG0fU
    And he is rocking that Astros cap!