Haven't taken delivery yet but the modifications are well under way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haven't taken delivery yet but the modifications are well under way.

Haven't taken delivery yet but the modifications are well under way.

My Gold Wing is still at my dealer due to the weather but the modifications are well under way. Added a trunk spoiler with running and brake LED's, additional rear brake LED's as well as adding additional bulbs to the factory set up. Interestingly enough on the Gold Wings the light that F6B's use as their brake light is only a running light. All that had to be done was add the bulb and connect the wiring harness to make it function as it does on the F6B. Can't have too many brake lights!

Attachment 18578

Also added some LED's on the perimeter of the headlights under the bodywork for what I believe is a pretty cool effect.

Attachment 18579

All in all she is coming along pretty well. I just hope spring gets here soon so I can take it home before I go broke adding more stuff!

Attachment 18580

Nice looking bike! Are you keeping the F6B along with the full wing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Nice looking bike! Are you keeping the F6B along with the full wing?
    Thanks for the compliment!
    I have already sold the F6B in the classifieds and it has a new home in Ohio. My wife just couldn't get comfortable on the back despite several efforts after being tucked into the trunk of a Valkyrie Interstate. I owned that bike for over 14 years and to date was the best motorcycle I ever owned. Hoping the Wing gets me another 14 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    My Gold Wing is still at my dealer due to the weather but the modifications are well under way. Added a trunk spoiler with running and brake LED's, additional rear brake LED's as well as adding additional bulbs to the factory set up. Interestingly enough on the Gold Wings the light that F6B's use as their brake light is only a running light. All that had to be done was add the bulb and connect the wiring harness to make it function as it does on the F6B. Can't have too many brake lights!

Attachment 18578

Also added some LED's on the perimeter of the headlights under the bodywork for what I believe is a pretty cool effect.

Attachment 18579

All in all she is coming along pretty well. I just hope spring gets here soon so I can take it home before I go broke adding more stuff!

Attachment 18580
    Could you share what parts are required to get the running light to work as a brake light?
    I would like to make my pops bike like this..

"Could you share what parts are required to get the running light to work as a brake light?
    I would like to make my pops bike like this.."

This information is relevant only to a 2013 or newer full Gold Wing. I assume you know that but just wanted to clarify just in case.

On the full dress Wings the light between the saddlebags is only a running light. For reasons that I cannot begin to explain apparently Honda simply omits the bulb and leaves the harness just tucked in behind the lens. All that is required is putting in the bulb and plugging it in.

I also added the Kuryakyn lower LED that is running and brake and added the harness that makes the spoiler both running and braking.

"Could you share what parts are required to get the running light to work as a brake light?
    I would like to make my pops bike like this.."

This information is relevant only to a 2013 or newer full Gold Wing. I assume you know that but just wanted to clarify just in case.

On the full dress Wings the light between the saddlebags is only a running light. For reasons that I cannot begin to explain apparently Honda simply omits the bulb and leaves the harness just tucked in behind the lens. All that is required is putting in the bulb and plugging it in.

I also added the Kuryakyn lower LED that is running and brake and added the harness that makes the spoiler both running and braking.
    its a 2012 Goldwing..

Quote Originally Posted by 06Blackpearl View Post
    its a 2012 Goldwing..

Might be the same. Is it just a running light on your 2012? If so I would get to the back of the lens and check it out. Could be the same thing. Nice looking bike by the way.

I made the same move, I love the wing but once again the stock seat sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    I made the same move, I love the wing but once again the stock seat sucks.
    Yeah I was afraid of that. My guess is a heated Ultimate is in my future but they are PRICEY!

Yeah I was afraid of that. My guess is a heated Ultimate is in my future but they are PRICEY!
    Yes, I already have the quote with red stitching. That's gonna hurt. I am waiting for a moment of weakness to order one.