Haven't taken delivery yet but the modifications are well under way. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haven't taken delivery yet but the modifications are well under way.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Yes, I already have the quote with red stitching. That's gonna hurt. I am waiting for a moment of weakness to order one.
    OK, prepare me. How much??

Seat alone with heat is $1295
    Add the back rest, stitching, and a few other options and you are getting real close to 1500

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Seat alone with heat is $1295
    Add the back rest, stitching, and a few other options and you are getting real close to 1500
    Yeah..that's about what I figured. If you pull the trigger please let me know your impressions and send a pic or two. That's exactly the way I will option it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    "Could you share what parts are required to get the running light to work as a brake light?
    I would like to make my pops bike like this.."

This information is relevant only to a 2013 or newer full Gold Wing. I assume you know that but just wanted to clarify just in case.

On the full dress Wings the light between the saddlebags is only a running light. For reasons that I cannot begin to explain apparently Honda simply omits the bulb and leaves the harness just tucked in behind the lens. All that is required is putting in the bulb and plugging it in.

I also added the Kuryakyn lower LED that is running and brake and added the harness that makes the spoiler both running and braking.
    All that is needed is a wire run into the plug for that light. In fact if you
    look at the bulb it is already a1157 type bulb with two ckts in it for run and brake.
    All that is done is a short piece of wire with a pin for plug is run.
    If you look through UTube you will fine it.
    I just helped a feiend do that same thing. Hardest part was putting pin onwire.
    East piesy
    shortleg

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    All that is needed is a wire run into the plug for that light. In fact if you
    look at the bulb it is already a1157 type bulb with two ckts in it for run and brake.
    All that is done is a short piece of wire with a pin for plug is run.
    If you look through UTube you will fine it.
    I just helped a feiend do that same thing. Hardest part was putting pin onwire.
    East piesy
    shortleg

Thanks for the clarification! My dealer did it for me so I didn't see it first hand.

Dave, I drove to Warsaw this morning to see your new beast. Man, that is one fine lookin' Wing. George asked if we should take a pic of me sitting on it for ya but I thought that was not such a good idea.
    Don't worry, it's all covered up again, just waiting for the trip to SB.

BTW, what brand of fork brace is that on it?

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Dave, I drove to Warsaw this morning to see your new beast. Man, that is one fine lookin' Wing. George asked if we should take a pic of me sitting on it for ya but I thought that was not such a good idea.
    Don't worry, it's all covered up again, just waiting for the trip to SB.

BTW, what brand of fork brace is that on it?
    Thanks Bro! The brace is the new gen Kuryakyn. (Their verbiage. Apparently there was a previous version as well).