Garmin 660LM and 590LM owners - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 660LM and 590LM owners

I have had my 660 for a few years and I am very happy with the features. If I were to do it again I may go for the 590 for the TPMS addition.
    I use the motorcycle mount that came with it and use a regular RAM ball mount on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I have had my 660 for a few years and I am very happy with the features. If I were to do it again I may go for the 590 for the TPMS addition.
    I use the motorcycle mount that came with it and use a regular RAM ball mount on the bike.
    Where did you tap into for power; and, is it switched or unswitched. On a previous HD, I mounted the cradle to the fairing and it went with the bike when I sold it. I have to get another cradle and harness. Might attempt an electrical quick disconnect so I can remove the cradle. You never know when someone decides they need it more than you.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I have the 660 mounted dead center in the middle of the dash under the windshield, it's an awesome unit! I got the Kradlelok for it with a locking ram mount ball...it hasn't been off my bike in over a year.

Who makes the Kradlelok ??? please also send a link to my PM ALSO.... thanks !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks....got it...my work PC blocks these type of look ups.....

Does it use a key ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Where did you tap into for power; and, is it switched or unswitched. On a previous HD, I mounted the cradle to the fairing and it went with the bike when I sold it. I have to get another cradle and harness. Might attempt an electrical quick disconnect so I can remove the cradle. You never know when someone decides they need it more than you.

I have the Motorcycle mount with integrated power cable and mounting hardware that came from Garmin with the 660. Also a RAM mount and home made mount on the handle bar.
    I picked up a second cradle for my other bike at.....

https://www.gpscity.com/garmin-zumo-...wer-cable.html

Both bikes are wired to the acc terminal in the fuse box and turn off with the key.

I am looking at the Garmin 660...time to trade in the 550...I currently run a Touratech locking mount made from SS.... $189.... The Karadellock for
    $125.... not sure which way I would go.... thinking back to the Touratech...

I have requested some better pics about the Kradellock unit...will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am looking at the Garmin 660...time to trade in the 550...I currently run a Touratech locking mount made from SS.... $189.... The Karadellock for
    $125.... not sure which way I would go.... thinking back to the Touratech...
    I have requested some better pics about the Kradellock unit...will see...

I am curious Steve, is that you want to leave the GPS on the bike when you are not around ? The Cradle from Garmin that comes with the 660 is a quick release and I just toss the GPS in a saddlebag. In fact if I have popped the GPS off and put it in the Cubby before I even come to a stop if I am pulling into a crowded area and don't want anyone to see what I am doing.
    Also if you use a RAM mount, then you need their locking Knob otherwise someone just loosens the mount and walks off with the entire setup.

If you look close you will see the Cradle with the (also included ) Cradle cover.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Thanks for the responses, guys. However, I already know where I intend to mount. Mounting spot was not my question.

My question is....

In looking around the various mount hardware on the RAM site, I see mention of the 'Garmin G-ball'. Is that the snap-link ball size used on the 590 (and I believe also the 660) car cradles?

What size ball IS it that is used on the car cradles? (yes, I know, I could just measure it. But...I've not purchased the unit as yet so I am doing this in the blind so's to speak.)

Many thanks!

....sT
    Not sure if anyone has directly answered your question yet...the mounting kit that came with my Zumo 665 accepts a 1" ball. This is a standard RAM ball. With that, you can use any RAM mount style you like. I previously mounted mine on the left handlebar at the clutch but since have moved everything off the bars to a "farkle" shelf. It sure is nice to have everything off my bars .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I have the Motorcycle mount with integrated power cable and mounting hardware that came from Garmin with the 660. Also a RAM mount and home made mount on the handle bar.
    I picked up a second cradle for my other bike at.....

https://www.gpscity.com/garmin-zumo-...wer-cable.html

Both bikes are wired to the acc terminal in the fuse box and turn off with the key.
    Thanx. I'm probably going with the motorcycle larry clutch reservoir cover ram mount. For years I have always had a gps mounted on the left side. Is yours plugged into the bikes speakers with the cable in the l/s cubby box so you can listen via Aux?
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69