Handlebar position help, rise recommendations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handlebar position help, rise recommendations

Handlebar position help, rise recommendations

Put the first "real miles " on the F6 this past Saturday with a 450 mile ride. Every thing was great, gas mileage, comfort of the stock seat, ... . Except for a little soreness between my shoulders. I need the bars back 1-2 inches and up 1-2 inches. The Kury's look to be the ones, but it says that it also narrows the width 2 inches, which I'm not sure I'd want. Also, don't want to spend the $'s on the HeliBars. Recommendations and comments appreciated.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBL Inovations makes two sets that raise the bars 3/4" and bring them back 1 1/2". They sell a narrow style and a wider style.

Rocky Risers are adjustable in, stock and out.

The F6B options I am aware of are:

- Kury Risers
    - Rocky Risers
    - MBL Risers
    - HeliBar Horizon Adjustable Handlebars

I put Rocky's adjustable risers on my Goldwing and they fixed the problem I was having with a stabbing pain between the shoulders.
    Like them because they are adjustable for the width. Rocky's instructions are also very good. I am very happy I made the change.
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

I tried tried the Kury risers first. I would have the same soreness. The Kury risers didn't help, in fact I'm not sure they didn't make it worse. Not wanting to gamble any more money, and no, I didn't want to spend the money for the Helibars,I got the Helibars and they completely resolved any comfort issues. Best money I've spent on the B. I think it was more about the grip angle than anything else for me. None of the risers will allow this adjustment. Of the risers,though, I think I'd try the Rocky's 1st. from what I've read.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Rocky Risers are adjustable in, stock and out.

The F6B options I am aware of are:

- Kury Risers
    - Rocky Risers
    - MBL Risers
    - HeliBar Horizon Adjustable Handlebars
    Is there a web site for Rocky's Risers
    Tks

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Batt13 View Post
    Is there a web site for Rocky's Risers
    Tks
    I've been told that he's had trouble getting them made and because he doesn't make much money on them , its not a priority nor is he able to afford any inventory. He doesn't make them himself and there is NO warranty on the risers.
    I tried to help him out along the way several times, I fell for his BS stories (and boy can he tell stories of grandeur), I received complaints regarding inconsistent delivery times, heard a couple of complaints about his lack of honesty, false promises and experienced it myself. He's been banned from multiple websites because of his shenanigans and less then acceptable business practices. After two years of his lies, I had enough and he was removed from this website.

At this point my recommendation is to try the other options, they are made by companies that will pick up the phone, deliver on their word and stand behind their products.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Rocky's risers worked for me.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Unhappy with my butt's feelings, I originally put a Mustang seat on. That put me back and down resulting in an uncomfortable aggressive riding position. The kury. kit solved that problem for me. There are some adjustments that can be made during instillation. I now ride in a very relaxed position with my arms bent in a natural bend.
    I think it might be important to take your physical size into consideration. I am only 5'8" tall (and shrinking due to age) with 28" inseam and corresponding short arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Unhappy with my butt's feelings, I originally put a Mustang seat on. That put me back and down resulting in an uncomfortable aggressive riding position. The kury. kit solved that problem for me. There are some adjustments that can be made during instillation. I now ride in a very relaxed position with my arms bent in a natural bend.
    I think it might be important to take your physical size into consideration. I am only 5'8" tall (and shrinking due to age) with 28" inseam and corresponding short arms.
    I am about the same size as above and really have no issue with the placement of the bars..The Mustang seat works great for me and I have no plans to change..If I get a little back concerns when riding, I just stop and rest a while and then move on...I am sure bar adjustments work fine for some, but I am okay the way they fit stock...JMHO