Lane Splitting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lane Splitting

Here it's illegal as everyone knows. Best story I have is one night middle of the summer, it had to be in the 80's with dead air. Coming back from NH with some friends, we hit the highway night crew repaving just outside Boston. Traffic was backed up for miles. Don't you know, a cager goes inside everyone in the breakdown lane. We were dying on our bikes, going a few feet at a time. Best sight in the world...a State trooper went flying past us and nailed the jerk a quarter mile down the road.

You just don't do it.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Born and raised in California, Los Angeles to be exact so lane sharing on a bike is a normal everyday thing. Keep the speed down while splitting and its a great way to safely get around in a congested city. If I couldn't split lanes legally in Cali I would likely give up riding entirely.

Once got my GS750 wedged between two cars lane splitting, that was embarrassing.
    ss^,
    Ken

Too many "cagers" that won't put down their cell phones and pay attention to the road, for me to risk lane splitting. I don't live in Ca, so it doesn't matter much, jmo. I'm not against it, just not legal in most places.