Ultimate King question

Thread: Ultimate King question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ultimate King question

I'm trying to determine if the king is correct for me. The Ultimate site says that the king is for people 6'2" and taller or greater than a 33" inseam. I am 6'2 and 1/2 inches and have a 32/33 inseam. It kind of looks like I'm a tweener. My body type is a little unusual as I have a relatively long torso. Actually I find the stock riding position quite comfortable. I would like to hear from riders who have an Ultimate seat and are of a similar body type - which seat did you buy and how is it working out for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

shooter
    You need the ultimate king.

On edit: posted question about the mid rider seat in a new thread

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I had the Ultimate King on my 2013 Deluxe. I am 275 lbs, 5'11" with a 30 inch inseam. The King worked well for me. It sat me about an inch higher than stock which made my leg position more comfortable and it pushed me back from the bars about an inch. I would strongly suggest the King.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I had the Ultimate King on my 2013 Deluxe. I am 275 lbs, 5'11" with a 30 inch inseam. The King worked well for me. It sat me about an inch higher than stock which made my leg position more comfortable and it pushed me back from the bars about an inch. I would strongly suggest the King.
    That is what is so confusing about which seat to pick. Your measurements don't fully meet what Des recommends for the King Seat. But the King seat seems to fit you as you have testified about it.

I feel like I am a "tweener" myself between both styles of these seats. Am seriously leaning towards getting the Mid rider now... but am unsure if I'm going to be "bunched up" by it. Conversely; If I go for the King... it may be too much of a rearward position as well.

My bend in my elbows is perfect with the stock OEM. Am concerned about this "movement forward" or "movement backwards" between the seat styles... need a precise measurement of what the change in position is; at least from the front of the seat to where the passenger's seat seam starts.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I am 6 1 with 32 inseam. Ultimate King is perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is what is so confusing about which seat to pick. Your measurements don't fully meet what Des recommends for the King Seat. But the King seat seems to fit you as you have testified about it.

I feel like I am a "tweener" myself between both styles of these seats. Am seriously leaning towards getting the Mid rider now... but am unsure if I'm going to be "bunched up" by it. Conversely; If I go for the King... it may be too much of a rearward position as well.

My bend in my elbows is perfect with the stock OEM. Am concerned about this "movement forward" or "movement backwards" between the seat styles... need a precise measurement of what the change in position is; at least from the front of the seat to where the passenger's seat seam starts.
    I can understand your concerns. Des is a friend of mine and I have had his seats on my bikes since he started in business. I have always had the advantage of "trying them on" to see what fit me best. You may want to consider looking at his rally schedule and trying to hook up with him in person. He will let you test ride before you buy.

F6B seat

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeken47 View Post
    I'm trying to determine if the king is correct for me. The Ultimate site says that the king is for people 6'2" and taller or greater than a 33" inseam. I am 6'2 and 1/2 inches and have a 32/33 inseam. It kind of looks like I'm a tweener. My body type is a little unusual as I have a relatively long torso. Actually I find the stock riding position quite comfortable. I would like to hear from riders who have an Ultimate seat and are of a similar body type - which seat did you buy and how is it working out for you?
    Hi, Do you find that you move or slide forward on the factory seat? Pants get tight around the family jewels after a couple of hours?

Thanks

Ralylark... Actually I have no issues with the stock seat - I don't slide at all and find the riding position comfortable. I started looking at adding a backrest and that led me to considering a new seat. My thought is that with a new seat I might be way more comfortable. How can I know until I try? - which is why I like the Ultimate return policy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

73 Yamaha RD350
    74 Suzuki GT750
    75 Kawasaki 500
    75 Honda GL1000
    95 Honda GL1500 Interstate
    13 Honda GL1800 F6B - Red Standard

fl1madmax

I Have the King, and Risers, PERFECT !

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeken47 View Post
    Yes the King only sets you back a few Inches at most, but Leg position is much more relaxed, I'm 6ft and 32 , between Risers and Seat, I can ride 600 mile days with no discomfort, also get driver back rest its adjustable and really great back support.