Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

I have seen a number of videos of GoldWings and some other bikes running a car tire and would love to see a before and after. If you have seen one please post a link.

If there is one of this darkside crowd who is waiting to wear out their stock tire who could take a video of the motorcycle tire before the change and then one immediately after with the car tire I'd love to see it.

I haven't quite decided if it's for me yet but I am leaning that way. I have seen car tires running on Harleys since the mid 70's, had a co-worker at a bike shop running one. He was in love with the price and handling 40 years ago - probably a bias tire back then.

Many thanks,

OH Boy

Yes I have seen a video of a F6B with a car tire turning on the very skinny edge of the tire and I didn't like what I saw! Not my cup of tea as a car tire is the wrong application for a motorcycle. It is made to stay flat footed on the road not roll over at extreme angles which a motorcycle tire is designed to do. Coming into a sharp curve to hot I myself would rather have the advantage of a tire designed for extreme layover angles than a car tire which is not designed to handle those. You do what you want but you will never see a car tire on my F6B. The darksiders always have a fit when I voice my opinion on their car tire applications

Check out "driving styles of darksiders" has leaning that direction

You know what they say about opinions!!!!

There are folks that swear skydiving is a blast too but you aint getting my ass to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft!!! Makes no sense to me like dark siding to some.

I got tired of reading non informed opinions and seeing the obvious hostility towards one side or the other, did the research, and tried it. I suggest you consider doing the same. Most of the dark siders I have heard from love it, some don't. But like me they did try it. Most of the ney sayers have not tried it, and honestly don't have a clue.
    As I said I did try it, and I let two of my friends ride my F6B dark sided, both liked it and are in the process of dark siding theirs. I took my rim and car tire off of my F6B and kept it when I traded the bike for the wing and will put it on the wing when I wear out the bike tire. You can get a used rim fairly cheap, and the tires, well you know.
    If you don't like it someone will certainly cover your costs in buying the set up..... I seriously had no negative comments running the dark side, but again I also ride motorcycle tires. I do like the thought of a run flat on the bike. I try not to sway anyone either way. But the Dark Side does work and it works well. I ride as hard as most do here in the mountains. Not a sport bike rider but I do push it and I don't even think about having a car tire on the back when I do.

I'd like to hear from an insurance adjuster on this subject. In an insurance coverage situation...at fault, no fault, would a CT have any involvement in a decision? I highlight insurance adjuster for a reason.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    Check out "driving styles of darksiders" has leaning that direction
    looked on this site and googled it,nothing on this site and video game references from Google. Have you got a link I can check out?

Michelin primacy pa3ctver2b

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'd like to hear from an insurance adjuster on this subject. In an insurance coverage situation...at fault, no fault, would a CT have any involvement in a decision? I highlight insurance adjuster for a reason.
    And I say its a non issue. Who is gonna run up , throw their self on the ground and declare , Its a Car Tire!!!! I mean really. You give people way too much credit. Nobody is gonna look at that. That car tire will out stop any MC tire on the market. My contact patch is almost 7 inches. Yours is an inch. I can't wait till September. I'm gonna show you and your Old Grey Mare what that car tire will do.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    And I say its a non issue. Who is gonna run up , throw their self on the ground and declare , Its a Car Tire!!!! I mean really. You give people way too much credit. Nobody is gonna look at that. That car tire will out stop any MC tire on the market. My contact patch is almost 7 inches. Yours is an inch. I can't wait till September. I'm gonna show you and your Old Grey Mare what that car tire will do.
    I don't run a car tire, but that has always been my thought too whenever the "Insurance" argument is used. I had an incident when some guy pulled out in front of me in his pickup a few years ago. I was on my Valk. All the insurance adjuster looked at was the areas that were damaged. My exhaust had some scratches and the engine guard and right front turn signal damaged.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I can't say anything nice

So I won't say anything at all, its an opinion and you know what they say about opinions. I myself personally would never put a car tire on my motorcycle but that's just me and I let the world do any stupid thing they want.