Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

Thread: Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Extended wear and superior traction

I put as wide of a car tire on my 109 that I could. Just wanted the bike to look cool. What I didn't know before I put it on was how it would handle. What I found out was when going in and out of my alley behind my garage where the road was severely rutted the bike tire would high side more than the stock tire. Other than that, after about 15 minutes trial, I found out how smooth of a ride it gave. After riding it for a while I tried some twisties that I was familiar with to see how it handled. On turns where I could power out of and break the stock tire loose on, I found that after numerous tries, I could NOT break this car tire loose, even though it was up on the "edge" of the tire. That tire was 11 1/4"wide. The bike would sit straight up without the kickstand being down. I could even sit with my feet on the pegs at a stop light if the road was level. That was the cool factor. I got the benefit of a significantly smoother ride, unbelievable traction and after 4 times the stock tire mileage, still looked good and cost $100.00 less than the Metzler to replace.
    The car tire I put on the F6B is the one that Bob109 uses. I have no complaints with this tire. I will always run a car tire on the back of this bike. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks, Bob, for putting the information out there from your used car tire!
    Attached Images Attached Images