Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

Inspection Criteria

Living in Pa. my cycle requires a yearly State Safety Inspection. Once completed by a Authorized Repair Center/Garage, a Inspection Sticker is affixed to the cycle/vehicle. I carry a copy a copy of the Pa. Motorcycle Safety Inspection Criteria in my saddle bag. The Criteria clearly states that the vehicle has to be equipped with a DOT Approved Tires on DOT Approve Rims. My Rear General G-Max Car Tire is a DOT Approved Tire as is the DOT Approved F6B Rear Wheel. There is not a single sentence/article in the Inspection Criteria indicating MC or CT. Adding to the Big Picture, Trikes be they Gold Wings, Harley's, T-Rex and the new Polaris Sling Shot are all equipped with a "mix" of Cycle/Car Tires or in the case of the Sling Shot/T-Rex all Car Tires. All of the fore mentioned are registered as MC/Motor Cycles on the "Owner's Card". That said, the issue of car tire use being a factor in a "denied insurance claim" wouldn't "hold water" IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    And I say its a non issue. Who is gonna run up , throw their self on the ground and declare , Its a Car Tire!!!! I mean really. You give people way too much credit. Nobody is gonna look at that. That car tire will out stop any MC tire on the market. My contact patch is almost 7 inches. Yours is an inch. I can't wait till September. I'm gonna show you and your Old Grey Mare what that car tire will do.
    I'll get off the tire thing, it's a no win situation and it doesn't matter that much. On the other hand, Don't sell the old gray mare short because yours is more shiny...shine doesn't equal speed. You're just more crazy than me...
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    I'm not crazy. Just skilled.

I'm not crazy. Just skilled.
    I don't challenge anyone, so you're safe....lol

shooter
    Buddy its all good , I'm just messin with ya. Be glad when it warms up.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Living in Pa. my cycle requires a yearly State Safety Inspection. Once completed by a Authorized Repair Center/Garage, a Inspection Sticker is affixed to the cycle/vehicle. I carry a copy a copy of the Pa. Motorcycle Safety Inspection Criteria in my saddle bag. The Criteria clearly states that the vehicle has to be equipped with a DOT Approved Tires on DOT Approve Rims. My Rear General G-Max Car Tire is a DOT Approved Tire as is the DOT Approved F6B Rear Wheel. There is not a single sentence/article in the Inspection Criteria indicating MC or CT. Adding to the Big Picture, Trikes be they Gold Wings, Harley's, T-Rex and the new Polaris Sling Shot are all equipped with a "mix" of Cycle/Car Tires or in the case of the Sling Shot/T-Rex all Car Tires. All of the fore mentioned are registered as MC/Motor Cycles on the "Owner's Card". That said, the issue of car tire use being a factor in a "denied insurance claim" wouldn't "hold water" IMHO
    +1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Buddy its all good , I'm just messin with ya. Be glad when it warms up.
    I know that dude, don't sweat what I say...I feel like playing hooky Monday and it's only going to be 56. I never do that, but 2 years of no summer riding will do that to ya. Especially when the guy I work with just left for a haircut appointment on a Friday afternoon and left me hanging....going to be a big riding year around here!

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    This is the article that convinced me:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...-rim-tire.html

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    This is the article that convinced me:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...-rim-tire.html
    I read that article as well; it has been posted on this board in another past discussion. The inability of the C\T's bead to mechanically "lock" into the bead well of the M\C wheel...

...seems to be the glaring reason for it; to blow up and crash and burn ...and wimmen to shriek; children to cry, and grown men to shake in fear.

But they don't ...as attested to by some very knowledgeable members here running them; and living, breathing, real world factual evidence that a "failure" has not materialized to date.

Man cannot fly!!! If man was meant to fly; God would've given him a car tire...!

Who said dat?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Tire Logic Test

Coming from a Mechanical and Quality background I'll throw this out for consumption, digestion and debate.

Every owner of a motor vehicle or motorcycle is in effect a "Test Pilot" for tires! Be it MCT or CT with each revolution of the tire, the user is subjecting the tire to "destructive testing". Like it or not it's a fact! What road surfaces tires are subjected to, speeds driven, load rates, corners encountered, overall riding style etc. etc. all contribute to wear and eventual tire replacement. Some due to premature failure i.e. nail puncture, thread/tread separation. In the QUALITY WORLD such things as "Cradle to Grave Tracking", "Mean Times Between Failures " and "Statistical Process Control" are but a few of the measurements which provide "facts" to those "In the Know". Nothing is taken for granted and all aspects of Destructive Testing are closely monitored. Without measurable, accurate and verifiable data all else is but conjecture. Unfortunately the M/C Tire Manufactures and Cycle Dealerships do little but to criticize the "Dark Side" practice for fear of "lost sales". Until such time that a comprehensive study clearly investigates the merits of the Dark Side Practice the pro/con argument will linger and fester. I choose and run the Dark Side by my own free will. So accustomed to the ride characteristics of a CT, I find a MT as too neutral and prefer the "feedback" of the CT. Handling, extended mileage wear, reduced costs, smoother ride and excellent traction/tracking in the rain are measurable parameters which I find acceptable and quantifiable. Along with "tire casing sectioning" I personally take great efforts to capture all elements of my DS experiences.