Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    The one time I ran into a gentleman riding a Goldwing with a rear car tire, and he started telling me how great it was, I just walked away. I'm sorry, no need to have a conversation with a gentleman who spent 30K on a Goldwing and decides to save money by putting car tires on it. Lets rock and roll in the twisties and we will see how good that car tire really is. Hell, go buy a trike if you love car tires. Sorry, just venting.
    You can do everything with a car tire, as you can with a motorcycle tire. What's the issue?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    The one time I ran into a gentleman riding a Goldwing with a rear car tire, and he started telling me how great it was, I just walked away. I'm sorry, no need to have a conversation with a gentleman who spent 30K on a Goldwing and decides to save money by putting car tires on it. Lets rock and roll in the twisties and we will see how good that car tire really is. Hell, go buy a trike if you love car tires. Sorry, just venting.
    You apparently have no or little knowledge of the "Dark Side"! It is not about saving money It's about getting 4 times the mileage compared to a MT. It's about superior handling in the rain! It's about great cornering! It's about a smoother ride! It's about the increased "load rating" compared to a MT. Sorry, just venting

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    You apparently have no or little knowledge of the "Dark Side"! It is not about saving money It's about getting 4 times the mileage compared to a MT. It's about superior handling in the rain! It's about great cornering! It's about a smoother ride! It's about the increased "load rating" compared to a MT. Sorry, just venting
    You forgot better braking too...

A nice analogy is in order here...

...I used to despise the look of that nasty creamed beef that was served in the mess hall. Looked like puke. Until one day, I upped the courage to try it. It was... most excellent.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    You forgot better braking too...

A nice analogy is in order here...

...I used to despise the look of that nasty creamed beef that was served in the mess hall. Looked like puke. Until one day, I upped the courage to try it. It was... most excellent.
    That's one of the things I miss most about my military days.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    +1
    and as far as handling the twisties it is obvious he has not run into Yellow Wolf or many other darksiders that you will only see their tail lights in the twisties.
    Everyone has an opinion, even if they have never rode a darkside MC. I respect that, but until you do you really don't have a clue as to how they handle good or bad IMO.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I loved SOS in the Army along with fried tators

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I loved SOS in the Army along with fried tators
    Damn where were you stationed? I never saw SOS that nice in the Army.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Deleted... mistake

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

This is U.S. Army creamed beef. You can see why there is apprehension initially towards consuming it

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

This is U.S. Army creamed beef. You can see why there is apprehension initially towards consuming it

My father was a Army Cook and referred to it as "Shit on Shingles"