Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen a video before and after for the motorcycle tire/car tire

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    +1
    and as far as handling the twisties it is obvious he has not run into Yellow Wolf or many other darksiders that you will only see their tail lights in the twisties.
    Everyone has an opinion, even if they have never rode a darkside MC. I respect that, but until you do you really don't have a clue as to how they handle good or bad IMO.
    Yeah , don't knock it till you try it. Innovations happen everyday. If Columbus had believed the world was flat , none of us would be here.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    My father was a Army Cook and referred to it as "Shit on Shingles"
    Yep "SOS"

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Damn where were you stationed? I never saw SOS that nice in the Army.
    I did a lot of "KP" duty and I made sure my SOS was the best. also helped that I knew how to work on the cooks H-D

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Well you guys enjoy those car tires. I guess if they handle as good as you say, they should be standard equipment on every sport bike fitted with a 180 motorcycle tire. I had this discussion with my BMW buddies and I couldn't get a word in since they were laughing to hard. Then again they are just BMW riders, what the hell do they know about Goldwings. To each his own. Enjoy the ride!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    I had this discussion with my BMW buddies and I couldn't get a word in since they were laughing to hard.
    Your discussion was based on what factual personal experience? They were laughing to hide their ignorance and no knowledge on how these tires handle. 1,000's and 1,000's of Goldwing owners, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and other touring Bike owners can't all be wrong.

No one is placing car tires on a sport bike as you suggested, Goldwings are a whole different animal.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

shooter
    I liked that sarcastic comment about how "they are just BMW riders". Like you have to he special to ride that POS. Nothing special in my book. Let's compare service records and costs to repair. Nothing beats a Wing on the open road. Nothing outlasts them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Your discussion was based on what factual personal experience? They were laughing to hide their ignorance and no knowledge on how these tires handle. 1,000's and 1,000's of Goldwing owners, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and other touring Bike owners can't all be wrong.

No one is placing car tires on a sport bike as you suggested, Goldwings are a whole different animal.
    Unfortunately that's the "disconnect" for "Nay Sayers"! They can't even distinguish the difference between 400/500 lb. crotch rockets/sport bikes and 800+ lb. "heavy cruisers" which have drastically different "rake and trail" characteristics. That shortcoming in addition to not having a single revolution of a CT on a cycle under their a$$ makes them "experts" on the topic. Looking back it appears that all of those experts have managed to "cull" themselves from the herd with their negativity. We all know the folks I'm referring to "Trolls" come in many shapes and forms and it appears we have a new one on board It's just a matter of time before he crashes and burns

If my memory serves me right, I recall hearing someone comparing a BMW to a Edsel! Many, many dollars spent for a unreliable piece of $hit

I'm still pondering the darkside...It'll be worth the cost of the rim just for the experience I would think...I can't see it hurting, especially with the thousands of riders out there that do run CT's as has been mention before.

It's all personal preference, case in point, many on this forum luv the OEM tires on the B... I hate them, even properly inflated and scrubbed in they just don't feel right to me. I don't feel they hold the road nearly as well as the mezzlers on my VTX. This is the second new bike with the identical issue. Whether I go with mezzlers or go darkside I'd never buy the OEM's again.

shooter
    Chief I run one of the new Metzeler 888's on the front and it sticks like glue. Feels as good as my 880's on my 109. I have no problem recommending it.

I had gotten one put on my VTX the same weekend I got the B...I scrubbed it in but really didn't get to play with it. Then I put it in the trailer thinking I was going home shortly...My poor VTX has been a bit neglected the last few months