Daytona BW Less than 1 month to
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daytona BW Less than 1 month to

Daytona BW Less than 1 month to

Just wandering who all is going and where they are coming from?
    Maybe we can even get some to join up or meet for the ride from their origins.

A question for the locals are helmets required in FL. ?
    Any suggestions for dinner, a meet, or a good place to stay or avoid!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Just wandering who all is going and where they are coming from?
    Maybe we can even get some to join up or meet for the ride from their origins.

A question for the locals are helmets required in FL. ?
    Any suggestions for dinner, a meet, or a good place to stay or avoid!
    Just keep checking back here, Steve0080 usually puts something together for us. You can legally ride in the state of Florida without a helmet.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

http://www.officialbikeweek.com/daytonabikeweek/

No helmets required !!! The Fla riders try to meet for either breakfast and or dinner on the last Friday of the event.... I need to check my calendar
    for sure before I can post a date and time... I am being forced to go on a cruise again the same week as bike week !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Would love to go, it's been a good 30 years since I was their and that was an epic trip w/my brother that neither one of us will ever forget. But even w/ being retired now, I have to choose my big Rides. Took a group ride last year to Yellowstone w/the club I ride with, loved it, they are going to Pennsylvania and ride some mountains out their and I just ordered my ticket for the Kid Rock concert in Sturgis and I have my room for the Annual Rally ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    http://www.officialbikeweek.com/daytonabikeweek/

No helmets required !!! The Fla riders try to meet for either breakfast and or dinner on the last Friday of the event.... I need to check my calendar
    for sure before I can post a date and time... I am being forced to go on a cruise again the same week as bike week !!!

Sorry to hear you have to go on another cruise

Where to? Caribbean?

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    Sorry to hear you have to go on another cruise

Where to? Caribbean?

Enjoy

Who knows ? I don't even ask...it makes her happy and I have a huge surprise in store for her in Sept when I will gone for 3 weeks.... you should be able to hear her from your house !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Who knows ? I don't even ask...it makes her happy and I have a huge surprise in store for her in Sept when I will gone for 3 weeks.... you should be able to hear her from your house !!!
    1/ Maybe you should sit her down in front of the TV tonight to watch the news on the returning cruise ship arriving back in NJ today.
    2/ Explain to her that medicare does not pay for Sea sick pills. And being the gentleman that you are you wouldn't want to throw up on her beautiful gown.
    3/ Maybe she has a deserving sister who would love to go and your willing to pay her fare but three in a room would be uncomfortable for you. Be a hero and volunteer to give up your berth,

OK, I'm not sure if I'm helping here or just stirring the pot

Thanks Bob... but it makes her happy... we do try to make each other happy...long rides on a motorcycle is something she can not do...she waves as I leave and I go on cruises...simple !

As far as Daytona... I am available on March 12.... I will be gone and no WiFi so if anyone wants to meet at B.J.'s at lets say 1830... just because I
    am out of pocket does not mean you fine folks cannot set up a RTE at Daytona and have fun as well.....post some thoughts and I will try to attend...
    I may be there on the 4th as well !!!

The better half and I will be going down March 4th and staying with my niece in southern Jacksonville until the 11th or 12th.
    Hopefully we can hook up with a few members here for some good food, better company and,,,,Ice cream !!

I'll be there solo - arriving on the 6th, departing on the 13th.
    Staying in Ormond Beach.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce