Lo-Beam Cutout Harness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lo-Beam Cutout Harness

Lo-Beam Cutout Harness

I've noticed this part is no longer showing up the last place I'd seen it, which was on SoCal's website. And searching their site to all their references to alternate p/n's turn up 0 results. My question, has anyone ordered from E C directly? And is p/n 02114 what I need?

Seems to be, but I'd like to be sure. It's the only cut out harness they have but it does not match the p/n I had written down that was on SoCal's website a while back. Getting ready to order a lot of accessories, from several vendors, and making sure my ducks are in a row first. Thanks!

The search bar is your friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...ighlight=02116
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The search bar is your friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...ighlight=02116
    Ha, chill out Steve ;-) I read that thread before posting and it's all about installation. Installation of part# I can't find. If you'll re-read my OP and go to EC or SoCal's webpages, the part# 02116 is no where to be found anymore. Just the 02114 and only on EC's webpage. Does this P/N differ in compatibility from the -16?

I am very aware of the search function and I do try and use it before posting a new thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Ha, chill out Steve ;-) I read that thread before posting and it's all about installation. Installation of part# I can't find. If you'll re-read my OP and go to EC or SoCal's webpages, the part# 02116 is no where to be found anymore. Just the 02114 and only on EC's webpage. Does this P/N differ in compatibility from the -16?

I am very aware of the search function and I do try and use it before posting a new thread topic.
    I don't remember the exact difference, but you do need the 02116 p/n. The 02114 isn't going to do it. The 16 uses an additional relay.

Someone appears to be in the process of making a new cutout to replace the 16. The p/n is GL12NC ("in stock soon", @ socal).
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I don't remember the exact difference, but you do need the 02116 p/n. The 02114 isn't going to do it. The 16 uses an additional relay.

Someone appears to be in the process of making a new cutout to replace the 16. The p/n is GL12NC ("in stock soon", @ socal).
    Neato, thank you Valk. Glad I didn't order from EC then! I searched that p/n on SoCal's page and didn't turn up any results. But thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it! Maybe call them in the meantime.

Edit: what the heck, googled the new p/n and first result was SoCal's page. Lol. O well.

This is what I found googling it:

http://www.socalmotogear.com/product-p/gl12nc.htm

It doesn't help you get one today, but it's nice to know they have a plan .

Oops, you found it. Yea, weird that google finds it, but not socal's site.
    Albuquerque, NM

My Bad !!!
    tel 865.219.9192$29.95

Not sure why but I am having trouble pulling up their URL They do have it in stock...give theme call....

Your 1800 shuts off the headlight when you press the starter button.
    This process of cycling power is hard on both the bulb and especially an HID ballast. And the HID bulb.
    This harness changes the trigger to your low beam relay so that the low beams only get power after the bike's engine is started.
    Can be used to disable factory halogen headlight bulbs as well.

The directions I wrote up are better the E/C's....JMHO
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    My Bad !!!
    tel 865.219.9192$29.95

Not sure why but I am having trouble pulling up their URL They do have it in stock...give theme call....

Your 1800 shuts off the headlight when you press the starter button.
    This process of cycling power is hard on both the bulb and especially an HID ballast. And the HID bulb.
    This harness changes the trigger to your low beam relay so that the low beams only get power after the bike's engine is started.
    Can be used to disable factory halogen headlight bulbs as well.

The directions I wrote up are better the E/C's....JMHO
    Great news, thank you Steve! I planned on calling them eventually but nice to know ahead of time. And I'd already bookmarked your directions previously months ago. Thanks for the write-up.

My pleasure !

Ah-ha! If you go to the page for part#02114 on E/C's site, you can select "show options" and they have the right part (02116) in the options. Completely missed this yesterday, it WAS towards the end of the work day after all...
    Now, I wonder why SoCal doesn't have it and is replacing it with a different part#/manufacturer.

Thanks Valk & Steve for your help.