15 Dollars an Hour - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 15 Dollars an Hour

Thanks to all...I still have my dogs. Between them and the wife, (even though she rides a Harley) I have it made. No worries.

shooter
    Dog that's a good lookin tribe you have in you're sig pic. That Harley ridin wife? I don't know about that.

Once the cars are paid off, I see a Harley trade in and a wing trike in the future. She's absolutely sold on the 1800. There's one more we won't have to worry about.

My take is good kids are like good dogs in that they both are only as good and successful as the time we invest as parents, in them.
    My kids are great; that aside, my wife is a teacher and it is pathetically clear that many parents send their kids to school with nothing contributing to their success.

No self respect, esteem, moral value, discipline, or even a sense the parent is invested or involved in their success.

Our country needs to get back to taking care of business here as a priority.

Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    My take is good kids are like good dogs in that they both are only as good and successful as the time we invest as parents, in them.
    My kids are great; that aside, my wife is a teacher and it is pathetically clear that many parents send their kids to school with nothing contributing to their success.

No self respect, esteem, moral value, discipline, or even a sense the parent is invested or involved in their success.

Jim
    AMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post

Jim
    I'd like to agree completely...but I can't. Sometimes good kids get caught up in stuff that is stronger than they are. Sure, good strong family, values, maybe even church and scouting, are strong factors that can have great effect in insulating kids from evil...but it isn't 100% successful- anymore than a bad upbringing is a guarentee of a bad life- it just makes the odds better! The only reason I'm taking slight issue, Dirt, is that I've seen good parents heartbroken and blaming themselves when a GROWN child goes down the road of self-destruction...at some point the addict, criminal, alkie...whatever, has to take total responsibility for what they become...because, in fact, in spite of the correct upbringing, they chose the wrong path.

EDIT I just reread YOUR post- you never said anything was 100%...agreed!! I just had to insert some of my relevant observations. Hope ypou don't mind. rick

Keep him in your prayers

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Unfortunately despite my best intentions my son is one of those useless youth...He is highly intelligent...and a lazy waste of life...
    My father never turned his back on me and I was an absolute waste of life. Whenever we would talk, which I always tried my best to avoid, he would lecture and scold me and then say: "Okay, that's enough about that, let's talk about something brighter" and we would quickly change over to a more cheerful conversation. Then he would always let me know that he was praying for me. Afterwards, I would often reflect on some of the hard criticisms that he had made about me and my poor character traits. Fortunately he never quit telling me his honest opinion and eventually it had a profound affect on me.

My father passed on to "The Pearly Gates" (his term) more then four years ago. Before he died he told me that he was proud of me. Because he had been so brutally honest with me, all of my life, this simple statement really means everything to me now. His unconditional love carried me through some very hard times. I hope to repay him by trying - just a little bit harder - to be a better man. I am certainly in no position to lecture anyone on faith but I would encourage you to ask God to give your son what he deserves. Let Him figure it out. Then just sit back and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Back to the OP for a minute....it happened again tonight.

I swear I do this for entertainment purposes only. BK for supper. Bill comes to $9.18. I tell the kid that I don't want a pocket full of change, so I'll give you .23, along with a ten dollar bill, and get back a nickel for the change.....yup, just got the nickel back. I tell him, hey, you still owe me a dollar. He had to get the manager to open the drawer again.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Is 1/2 a dozen new math?
    Is a 1/2 dozen 6 and a half ?

Maybe they are teaching the kids that a dozen is 13. Maybe the teachers are ex bakers.

Who came up with a bakers dozen anyway, 13

In the 1260s, British breadmakers were notorious for shorting customers with skimpy loaves. King Henry III was so irked by the problem that he implemented a new law to standardize the weight of a loaf—selling puny loaves could result in beatings or jail time. Since bakers wanted to stay on the right side of the law, one common trick was to give 13 loaves to any customer buying a dozen. Even if the loaves were light, the extra would cover the shortfall. It was an easy fix for bakers, and since low-carb diets were still seven centuries away, customers rejoiced.

copied from Mental Floss