ALRIGHT- now that I've got your attention!! This is nothing to do with the heading and all to do with my new F6B. In my first post I reported that I was waiting for her. Well, I picked her up on the 2nd Feb and now that I've had a week or two to put 1000kms on her and get used to her, I thought I'd tell you what I think about her for those who are interested. Anybody who isn't, please disregard this post.

What do I like -
*The engine - you all know, so won't bother telling you.
* The smoothness - same as above
* Comfort - if there was any such thing as the perfect bike, we'd all have it and I wouldn't be writing this. The comfort for me is
not 100% perfect [age, arthritis, etc] but that is me, not the bike. It is as near to the most comfortable as any bike I've ever owned.
* Style & looks - what can I say !!!! As I've read from other members on this site, I get comments all the time. Some even about the gorgeous matte silver paint but when I tell them that you can also get them in black, red, yellow & blue they all say WHY would you bother. [Not me, just what THEY say].
* Suspension - my last bike was a Honda CTX1300. If you want bad suspension - buy that. This bike is a hovercraft in comparison. Again, not perfect but as good as it gets for me even on our ugly Aussie roads.
*Fuel consumption - so far, excellent. Averaging 5.2lites per 100kms.

What don't I like-
*Gear shifting - not much space around the gear shift lever but after a couple of rides, no problems in my size 13 boots. I also find the gear shifting a little snicky but very positive and smooth, if that sounds right.
*Clutch - not much play there but got used to it very quickly.
*Small windscreen - don't even like the look of it. New tall one getting sorted.
*Had a small oil leak from the tappet cover gasket. Noticed it on day 2 after picking her up. It was a bolt not quite tight enough and so failed. Told all my friends somebody in the factory put a Harley bolt in there, hence the failure. All fine now.

I'm a lucky man. I live in a area of Australia where I can ride all year round. Have some great areas to visit close by and now a great bike to ride on.

Really like the thing you've got going on this site. Friendly and helpful people. At the moment I am asking questions but in future, I hope to be answering them. Thanks Boys. Also like the idea of your annual meet - who knows, maybe one day I might get there. What about the rest of you Aussies? Anyone interested in something similar here in Oz? Is there enough of us?

Just to finish off, I've included some pics. Nothing much. First two are first day with her at home in my driveway, next lot are on last weekend's charity ride for cancer. Hope you enjoy.

Attachment 18902Attachment 18903Attachment 18904Attachment 18905Attachment 18906