Shoei GT AIR - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoei GT AIR

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a dear friend of mine....I was wearing a $700 helmet and he was wearing a $150 helmet...trouble was his brain was far more valuable than mine...told him about it and he went and bought a helmet worthy of his brain. I am a helmet whore... there I admit it... I have 16 or so helmets...so many I have given most away. My current helmet is an Arai Signet Q, pearl black ..I always buy a matching helmet... before this I had a blue Shoei RF 1000 to match my Rune...I have several 1/2's from several different manufactures... The wind from the Shoei was loud and the Arai is somewhat better...If I were to buy a helmet just for noise level then I would go with the Quest... not heard enough about this helmet...I usually buy a helmet depending on the weight...

I have bought two helmets with the sun shade, both very exspensive...sent them both back, the shield did not come down far enough for me but a great ideal...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    SIXTEEN!?!?!? I had about 6 till I cleaned house of the ones I don't wear,,, LOL!!!
    (I like Arai as well and tried the Sig Q,,, Fit great other than my chin hit the cross bar.)
    Have you tried the new Shoei sun shade? (Neotec, Jcruise, GTair),,, #17 may be waiting for you! =)

I bought an Arai XD-4 (Yes the one with the visor) based on a recommendation from a friend that does quite a bit of touring.
    Like others I used to buy sun shade helmets, but with the XD-4 you really don't need one.
    I find Arai to be the quietest of any other helmet I have used. The more important point is fit. The Arai fits my oblong melon better than the Shoei that appear to be suited more for those with a rounder head. Both are very good units, but as mentioned I firmly believe this is NOT a piece of gear you want to go cheap on!

I have a '$89 special' I bought in a pinch while on vacation out of state once. (Shield mechanism on my Arai broke) Tons of difference in build quality, noise, fit, etc. I do believe there are many high-quality, safety providing, 'mid-price' helmets out there.

Still, any helmet is better than none. Coming up from the 'v-twin' cruiser ranks, discussions about 'use a helmet, yes or no?' pop up,,

I may be lax on other protective gear in the heat of summer, but a helmet will be on my head 99.8462357497456383% of the time,,,

(Does that number remind us of anyone else here on the forum?!?! LOL!!! It's ALL good! )

Shoei Neotec

Ive been riding with my Shoei Neotec now since Feb 2013 and on F6B you will notice a little more noise when top vent is open full....but its worth it on a Hot Texas Day! Vents closed very quiet....Helmets i have are Shoie RF800(YES OLD) Bell 9 and Bell Revolver. Bell Mag 9 does great but the Neotec is the one i like best.

order the gt air last night. If it sucks, I'll send it back.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

If you decide you like it, but it doesn't fit quite right/has forehead pressure point, you can adjust the fit a small amount with 40 grit sandpaper. 1/8 of an inch makes alot of difference!

I find it far easier to remove a little foam than to smash it down. TONS easier to smooth and shape, plus the remaining foam is still 'soft' enough to micro-form to your head shape.

(Sanding head to fit helmet not recomended,,,)

I have to recommmend revzilla.com on delivery speed and price... Now for the sexy close ups...

DSC_4967.jpgDSC_4968.jpgDSC_4969.jpgDSC_4970.jpg

Maybe I'll get up early to beat that heat and try the helmet out.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Nice shell and nice color!

First shade I have seen come to touch someone's nose, there is usally a space that make it not so nice!!! Very nice fit!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com