Cobra pipes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobra pipes

Cobra pipes

I put on my 6x2x6 Cobra pipes on today. Three things: one, they are very deep throated and fairly loud in the middle of the torque range. Two, I usually boycott Cobra products because they usually stamp their name all over the product and they did put a medium sized logo at the end of the middle pipe this time. Three, for you Valkyrie riders looking to regain the loud rumble at every right hand twist, this is not it. The sound is impressive in its BASSO qualities but it sounds more like a 1960-1970's big block V8 with half-used glass packs. I will leave them on for now; but, I will also be open to other options.

Quote Originally Posted by troypennock View Post
    I put on my 6x2x6 Cobra pipes on today. Three things: one, they are very deep throated and fairly loud in the middle of the torque range. Two, I usually boycott Cobra products because they usually stamp their name all over the product and they did put a medium sized logo at the end of the middle pipe this time. Three, for you Valkyrie riders looking to regain the loud rumble at every right hand twist, this is not it. The sound is impressive in its BASSO qualities but it sounds more like a 1960-1970's big block V8 with half-used glass packs. I will leave them on for now; but, I will also be open to other options.
    Can/will you post video with sound for us?

If you don't want them, there's plenty of us on here that might.

they are very deep throated and fairly loud in the middle of the torque range.
    Is this a fancy way to say they drone??
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

uuummmmmm....WOW...I still want to hear a set...right now the problem or fact is the trailer pushes the sound back to me... I think they look great, but need to hear one before buying !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

have you put the cobras on a scale
    wondering how much weight gain over stock?

WEIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raymon View Post
    have you put the cobras on a scale
    wondering how much weight gain over stock?
    Jack, that is a great idea. I should have weighed them. That is the problem with Valks, Wings and F6Bs, they are so massively over-powered you loose sight of all your options in getting the most effectiveness from your bike.

Cobra pipes

[QUOTE=troypennock;8397]I put on my 6x2x6 Cobra pipes on today. Three things: one, they are very deep throated and fairly loud in the middle of the torque range. Two, I usually boycott Cobra products because they usually stamp their name all over the product and they did put a medium sized logo at the end of the middle pipe this time. Three, for you Valkyrie riders looking to regain the loud rumble at every right hand twist, this is not it. The sound is impressive in its BASSO qualities but it sounds more like a 1960-1970's big block V8 with half-used glass packs. I will leave them on for now; but, I will also be open to other options.[/

Did you leave the baffles in or out when you put them on?

Baffles

I left them in. I am slowly warming to the "basso profundo" tone when I increasingly add acceleration. In the alternative, if you quickly short shift you can keep the noise down. I may have been hasty with my initial impression. But I still dislike the cobra stamped into the center pipe.

I left them in. I am slowly warming to the "basso profundo" tone when I increasingly add acceleration. In the alternative, if you quickly short shift you can keep the noise down. I may have been hasty with my initial impression. But I still dislike the cobra stamped into the center pipe.
    Any chance we can get pictures and sound clip?

Got mine on today with baffles in and I am quite impressed. They're not perfect but better than any other aftermarket pipes I have tried (Cobra billet tip, Cobra tri oval, Vance and Hines monster slip ons) to date. I did not think they were all that loud (listening to loud rock music and flying helicopters off and on for 43 years probably has something to do with that), but definitely louder than stock. They sound great standing about 5 feet behind the bike when it's running! In my opinion they could stand to be slightly louder at idle and wide open throttle and slightly quieter at cruise (maybe that's not possible?), but everything considered, I love 'em. (6 into 6 pipes on the Valkyrie was just about the ultimate sound to me.)