Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

So, as the thread states, do you always wear, never wear or sometimes wear.

Personally, i feel that i should, though i also feel it takes away the most enjoyable part of riding.

I purchased the ultimate helmet last week that i have been eyeballing, Shark Evoline 3. I wore it some today, i also rode without it some. I feel like i am more inclined from dusk on to wear one as it is a bit cooler, the bugs get bad and the chance of deer become worse. My question is if you sometimes wear one, how do you carry it with you so that as the time where you want it approaches you have it readily available?

My wifes helmet (small) fits inside the saddelbags fine, mine however does not. I was thinking about fabricating a bracket on the rear to hold mine for when i am ready. Have you seen anything that fits the bill?

I was seriously disappointed when I found out the F6B side case couldn't hold my helmet. I ride with it on, but like locking my helmet in the side case when parked in public. My BMWs and my C-14 could could hold my helmet in the side case.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

BTW, there is nothing I see funnier, than a guy riding with no helmet on and a helmet hanging off the bike. If that's not giving the middle finger to Karma, I don't know what is!!
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    BTW, there is nothing I see funnier, than a guy riding with no helmet on and a helmet hanging off the bike. If that's not giving the middle finger to Karma, I don't know what is!!
    Ironically that was me today, dumbo turned in front of me, luckily a ride in "attack mode" and was able to slow and divert quickly. i know that wont always work..

When I was younger I wore one "sometimes" until I had a minor accident and bounced my head off the ground without it. I decided to always wear one from then on. I always had to wear one in battle, so I guess I can handle wearing one when I go to "battle" with traffic everyday. Plus they provide great shade from the sun and protection from wind burn. More pro then con in my book.

Brain Bucket

I have thrashed two full face helmets killing deer with Goldwings. I am still here.

I should have added a legality option as well, as i used to live in NC and i had to legally wear one, thus we did. I just wonder about those whom freely choose to wear versus must wear.

I am glad to hear that yours has assisted you twice, must have been scary.

How about most of the time...most of the gear most of the time.... Long trips or when I know I will be pushing either the bikes or my limits...headed to the gym...not so much....My wife will but hates a helmet, ( hair )... We live in Fla. so it is not required. We leave the state often so we do wear helmets on those trips...Full face...around home, 1/2 helmet. I have seen a person sitting at a red light with a helmet on fall over, hit his head and die...I have seen people come off at speed and not have a scratch....the trick is to not hit anything...I also believe that your name is written in the book of life...and when it is your turn...you will get your check cashed!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Texas is a helmet optional state. I wear one in very cold weather. Otherwise, it is a baseball cap or nothing on my head. I do not endorse such behavior, it just works for me. I have had one serious accident in my 50 years riding. I was not wearing a helmet but walked away without injury. When I do wear a helmet, I prefer half or three quarter helmet. I get a bit claustrophobic in a fullfaced helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]