Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    We were warned,,,

https://www.google.com/search?q=flip...w=1536&bih=770

Yep, makes Bobby's rabbit in the bumper pics look downright tame!

Granted, some are bad enough that without knowing what happened, protective footwear may not have prevented it, but,,,,,,,,, YEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWSAAAAAA!!!
    hey i did goggle and this is what it came on . lol jk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu598EhI7LU

Late posting , but I wear full face helmet, boots and gloves all the time. Wont ride without that. I never wear the pants gear but settle with Levis or heavy jeans. I have jackets with the armor but even my mesh is too heavy for me sometimes and I ride in a Tee shirt.
    I live in Colorado so I can choose.I choose to wear all the time.
    I street raced when I was younger and have seen what happens when things go wrong. Dont race anymore but still "have burst of enthusiasm" occasionally..well a lot really. Even on my F6B ..
    I LIKE the wind and have been thinking about a half shell or the NoLAN helmet I saw at the wing ding this year. It's convertible,you can remove the chin bar and it has a long face sheild with a vent. I'm thinking perfect for the F6....but they make them for round heads,mine is oval....
    I choose to ride with a Helmet, I feel everybody can and should be allowed to make a choice on their own.......

My wife and I always wear our helmets, and as it turned out, it is a good thing. We were riding back to Helen, GA on 29 May 14, from Highlands NC, when she went down, hard. Her bike did a summersault and she hit the pavement on her left side. Broke 5 ribs, lacerated spleen and various lesser scrapes and bruises. The bike was totaled and I feared she was as well, watching this happen from my mirrors. Her 3/4 helmet was scratched on the entire left front side with a 4inch crack in her Vega helmet. Her shield was down or she would have had severe facial injuries. Attachment 7265

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yes, once a person see's the damage a helmet takes during a spill, and then contemplates what those same forces would have done to your bare head, it ain't pretty!!! (My wifes Shoei full face is still on our table, scratched all ta hell from her spill on June 15)

Glad your wife was helmeted up and (assumed to be) healed up.

I have donated my crashed helmets to MSF teachers.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.