If you quote the gov'ts statistics you believe the disinformation of people who don't want motorcycles on the road.

They also state that helmets prevent fatalities in 37% of accidents which puts the lie to everything else they say.
We are also supposed to believe that a helmet in which you can easily see the dark outline of the front aperture doesn't restrict your vision and putting a laminated shell packed with foam over your ears doesn't hinder your hearing. FANTASTIC!!!

Helmet choice is the issue and I know 1%ers who CHOOSE to wear a full face helmet. They just don't want Nanny gov't mandating any more restrictions. I for one do wear a full face for distance and inclement weather but prefer to be able to go uncovered when I'm putting thru town so I can see and hear better (denied to me by the Nanny in the State House).

ANY reduction of awareness reduces your survival factor on a motorcycle. Check out the granny with the green plastic behind her glasses going home from the optometrist with dialated eyes (one of which turned in front of me from a thru-only lane).

I also own a half helmet and a beanie for appropriate occasions.