Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    After seeing what a Shoei RF-1200 full-face helmet looks like after scraping down the highway with my wife's head inside,,, eh,,, 'permanent disfigurement or worse' comes to mind. (Not a scratch on the wife from the neck up. Thank you Shoei!!! )

When it's too hot for helmets/mesh jackets, I simply park the bike and take an air-conditioned cage.

Lotsa 'shorts and flip-flop' riders here now,,, I guess they don't have a car...

Helmets mandatory here so I always wear one. Shoei QWest for the highway and half helmet in the city during the summer. Also have a Shoei Platinum RJ 3/4 that I wear quite a bit.

Interesting and sobering posts! I used to be the no shirt, shorts and tennis shoe riding nut. (i'm only referring to me). My wife still considers me a nut, but still loves me.
    Pa. used to be a helmet only state until the option was passed. I would occasionally ride helmet-less if i went riding out on back country roads, just puttsying around. Gotta say I felt naked without a helmet, but the air was nice.
    Had multiple times where cars pulled out in front of me and STOPPED!!! I was lucky enough to be watching them with the mentality that ALL cars entering the highway WILL pull out in front of you. Two times I slid broadside and stopped right beside them right at their passenger door! I shared some "colorful" conversations with them before they continued on.

I still will ride a few blocks down to get gas without a helmet, but never on highway without one. These posts might just make me think enough that I wear one all the time now.

Thanks for getting this post/poll started. Who knows, it may save a life if someone decides to go to wearing a helmet.

not dot helmet

i been riding for over 15 years now and i always wear one becuz is mandatory on MA, but i vote (sometimes i wear one) because is not a real helmet is DoT approved .
    on the other hand i my passenger always wear a DOT approved helmet .Attachment 6901 to each his own .
    i will ride without one if there where not mandatory .

shooter
    Its the law in MO. I wear one when I go to Illinois. No matter what I would wear one.

Lotsa 'shorts and flip-flop' riders here now,,, I guess they don't have a car...

Oh to be young and indestructible/immortal again...

We were always a bit "tepid" about gear. Then we had occasion to go down hard. With the gear on. Glad we had it. Never ride without a helmet again.

We trudge on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetrudgeon View Post

Oh to be young and indestructible/immortal again...

We were always a bit "tepid" about gear. Then we had occasion to go down hard. With the gear on. Glad we had it. Never ride without a helmet again.

We trudge on.
    My wife is an ER Nurse, I've heard plenty of story's about the guy or the couple who were wearing shorts tee shirts and the wrong footwear. Those are sobering story's

For the brave of heart only, google flip flops on a motorcycle, it is very graphic. You'll never see me without proper footwear on my bike.

Yep. Hamburger or worse.

Lotsa 'stunt' sport bike crash videos out there where the tennis shoes go flying off the feet,,,

Wife and I both use TCX 'Cube Air' boots. Mucho ventilation in a decent 'MC-specific' piece of safety gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    For the brave of heart only, google flip flops on a motorcycle, it is very graphic. .
    We were warned,,,

https://www.google.com/search?q=flip...w=1536&bih=770

Yep, makes Bobby's rabbit in the bumper pics look downright tame!

Granted, some are bad enough that without knowing what happened, protective footwear may not have prevented it, but,,,,,,,,, YEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWSAAAAAA!!!