Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    State law here in Mass. My regular helmet is a (legal) half-helmet, and I carry a fullface in the saddlebag (Nolan trilogy outlaw) for inclement weather. I'm 43, and when I was younger I would take the helmet off as soon as I got to a state that allowed it (ME,NH, RI) As I got a little older, I started wearing a helmet on the highway, but would then take it off once off the highway. Now, with two kids, and a little older, I usually always ride with one on. I'm certainly pro-choice when it comes to helmets, though.

Another AZ rider here, no helmet required for adults. I always wear a helmet. With the wind noise from the stock low shield so pronounced I couldn't hardly hear my tunes so I did some research and bought a Shoei GT air, at 650 bucks it was the most expensive lid I've every purchased, sad to say despite the reports of it being very quiet, still too much wind noise, I just got a taller shield, problem solved. My other helmet has the speakers inside, so that is really nice too. Rode mostly MX in my younger days, wouldn't ever ride the dirt without a helmet, assfault is much less forgiving on your skull than dirt.

I've worn one since before state law mandated it.
    I wear it even in states that don't make you wear it.
    I'm an MSF instructor and I teach to it.

When I jousted with a mini-van that turned left in front of me in a 40 mph zone, I was fully geared up and wearing a full face (like I aways do) - I was unhorsed in that joust.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.