Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
Because your head is not going to contact the pavement at speed; while in a car. Unless your ejected because you weren't wearing a seat belt.

I am sure you posted that reasoning in jest. If not... I am speechless.
Yes, you mite not hit the pavement, at least not before you punch out the windshield or bounce off the dashboard or even clip a roof post with your head on your way out, but I'm pretty sure the wearing of a helmet in any moving vehicle would serve a purpose during an accident. To equate the hitting of pavement as the major factor is naive at best!!

But I've yet to see a study on how many accidents are in fact caused by the wearing of a helmet. It mite prove a large number of accident were caused by fatigue due to the helmet from either vibration, heat or lack of air circulation. The loss of perihelia vision and the reduced hearing suffered due to the wearing of a helmet can also be factors!

I've only been riding motorcycles since 1963 so I might not be an expert, but I do reside in a state where helmets are optional. Unfortunately,the surrounding states of NY, and NJ. do require them. Recently coming home from the "Roar to the Shore" held in, Wildwood, NJ. I was forced to wear a helmet in 95 + degree weather with 80 plus humidity. I almost pulled a Hillary I tell you. So I took a longer route home to get to the PA boarder quicker just so I could rip off that damn helmet. As soon as I did I felt refreshed and was able to do the last 120 miles with no problem.

Yes, I do wear a helmet from time to time but the majority of the time I do not. It should be my decision!! Not the law passed by some money grubbing politician who voted for a law based on a kick back from a helmet MFG. who paid for self promoted limited studies.

PS. Oh, yes Will, I checked the beach there was absolutely no trash on it but it was a good quarter mile walk in white sand to get to the water from the boardwalk. You missed another good time.