Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 10

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

I crashed 100 MPH no gear, broken leg, wrist, arm, sternum, collar bone, flat line twice, two years to learn to walk again, then back to riding. Cousin 25 mph every piece of gear imaginable hit pot hole in park 25 mph handle bars hit ribs, rib punctures heart, end of story. When it is your time it will be your time.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Cool

I used to never wear one until they became law in Ca. Now I wear a half shell in summer and a full face in winter. Every summer when I visit Utah I don't wear one at all. They do offer good sun protection on my old bald head though.

As a MSF Past instructor- I firmly believe in Helmets. "No Helmet, No Brains". Have seen low speed crash in which an head impact left the driver DOA.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I choose to wear my full face all the time, I did my research and bought a well made, comfortable helmet that fits me properly. I have a Shoei Quest, it vents well and it has different sized liners to provide a proper fit.

Here in AZ, I like the full face because it also provides sun and wind protection. The sun can burn the hell outta you here. For me that's reason enough.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    After seeing what a Shoei RF-1200 full-face helmet looks like after scraping down the highway with my wife's head inside,,, eh,,, 'permanent disfigurement or worse' comes to mind. (Not a scratch on the wife from the neck up. Thank you Shoei!!! )

When it's too hot for helmets/mesh jackets, I simply park the bike and take an air-conditioned cage.

Lotsa 'shorts and flip-flop' riders here now,,, I guess they don't have a car...

Helmets mandatory here so I always wear one. Shoei QWest for the highway and half helmet in the city during the summer. Also have a Shoei Platinum RJ 3/4 that I wear quite a bit.

Interesting and sobering posts! I used to be the no shirt, shorts and tennis shoe riding nut. (i'm only referring to me). My wife still considers me a nut, but still loves me.
    Pa. used to be a helmet only state until the option was passed. I would occasionally ride helmet-less if i went riding out on back country roads, just puttsying around. Gotta say I felt naked without a helmet, but the air was nice.
    Had multiple times where cars pulled out in front of me and STOPPED!!! I was lucky enough to be watching them with the mentality that ALL cars entering the highway WILL pull out in front of you. Two times I slid broadside and stopped right beside them right at their passenger door! I shared some "colorful" conversations with them before they continued on.

I still will ride a few blocks down to get gas without a helmet, but never on highway without one. These posts might just make me think enough that I wear one all the time now.

Thanks for getting this post/poll started. Who knows, it may save a life if someone decides to go to wearing a helmet.

not dot helmet

i been riding for over 15 years now and i always wear one becuz is mandatory on MA, but i vote (sometimes i wear one) because is not a real helmet is DoT approved .
    on the other hand i my passenger always wear a DOT approved helmet .Attachment 6901 to each his own .
    i will ride without one if there where not mandatory .

shooter
    Its the law in MO. I wear one when I go to Illinois. No matter what I would wear one.

Lotsa 'shorts and flip-flop' riders here now,,, I guess they don't have a car...

Oh to be young and indestructible/immortal again...

We were always a bit "tepid" about gear. Then we had occasion to go down hard. With the gear on. Glad we had it. Never ride without a helmet again.

We trudge on.