Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 11

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetrudgeon View Post
    Lotsa 'shorts and flip-flop' riders here now,,, I guess they don't have a car...

Oh to be young and indestructible/immortal again...

We were always a bit "tepid" about gear. Then we had occasion to go down hard. With the gear on. Glad we had it. Never ride without a helmet again.

We trudge on.
    My wife is an ER Nurse, I've heard plenty of story's about the guy or the couple who were wearing shorts tee shirts and the wrong footwear. Those are sobering story's

For the brave of heart only, google flip flops on a motorcycle, it is very graphic. You'll never see me without proper footwear on my bike.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yep. Hamburger or worse.

Lotsa 'stunt' sport bike crash videos out there where the tennis shoes go flying off the feet,,,

Wife and I both use TCX 'Cube Air' boots. Mucho ventilation in a decent 'MC-specific' piece of safety gear.

ALWAYS, but I'm down to a Scorpion half-helmet due to neck issues.

Fellas, I drove Rescue for years. I saw too many minor bike "drops" turn into a cerebral bleed. If they get the $7000 helicopter ride to a trauma center and get the pressure down with a drill-bit to the skull, they may be ok. I've seen grown men crying and arching their back as the pain in their head from the pressure build-up became unbearable. I've seen beautiful women with partial paralysis (stroke) from a minor accident. Wear your helmets.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    For the brave of heart only, google flip flops on a motorcycle, it is very graphic. .
    We were warned,,,

https://www.google.com/search?q=flip...w=1536&bih=770

Yep, makes Bobby's rabbit in the bumper pics look downright tame!

Granted, some are bad enough that without knowing what happened, protective footwear may not have prevented it, but,,,,,,,,, YEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWSAAAAAA!!!

Always a helmet, always full face since as far back as I can remember. Always try to get the best helmet I can buy - Dad said "Wear a $5 helmet if you have a $5 head."

It's the law here in CA since 1992, ten years after I started riding, but I promised my Dad that I would always wear a helmet, jacket and gloves when riding.

I sometimes wear less than ideal footwear - I've worn flip flops on the scooters (don't have to shift), but I'm rarely going above 50 mph on the scoots if I do. And I sometimes wear soft topped shoes on the other bikes, but my excuse is that I have feet that are extremely difficult to buy shoes for, ever since I was a kid. Women's shoes are too narrow. I fit kid sized shoes better than any other kind (short and wide). Mens shoes are too big. So I've yet to find a motorcycle boot that fits well enough to make me want to wear it.
    2013 Honda F6B custom orange
    2009 Kawasaki Versys aka "Dr Doom"
    2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Stormtrooper"
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 "Yoda"

Go to Boot Barn on Sports Arena Blvd in San Diego, they have a lot to choose from.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Go to Boot Barn on Sports Arena Blvd in San Diego, they have a lot to choose from.
    thanks, been there too.
    2013 Honda F6B custom orange
    2009 Kawasaki Versys aka "Dr Doom"
    2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Stormtrooper"
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 "Yoda"

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    We were warned,,,

https://www.google.com/search?q=flip...w=1536&bih=770

Yep, makes Bobby's rabbit in the bumper pics look downright tame!

Granted, some are bad enough that without knowing what happened, protective footwear may not have prevented it, but,,,,,,,,, YEEEEOWWWWWWWWWWWSAAAAAA!!!
    hey i did goggle and this is what it came on . lol jk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu598EhI7LU

Late posting , but I wear full face helmet, boots and gloves all the time. Wont ride without that. I never wear the pants gear but settle with Levis or heavy jeans. I have jackets with the armor but even my mesh is too heavy for me sometimes and I ride in a Tee shirt.
    I live in Colorado so I can choose.I choose to wear all the time.
    I street raced when I was younger and have seen what happens when things go wrong. Dont race anymore but still "have burst of enthusiasm" occasionally..well a lot really. Even on my F6B ..
    I LIKE the wind and have been thinking about a half shell or the NoLAN helmet I saw at the wing ding this year. It's convertible,you can remove the chin bar and it has a long face sheild with a vent. I'm thinking perfect for the F6....but they make them for round heads,mine is oval....
    I choose to ride with a Helmet, I feel everybody can and should be allowed to make a choice on their own.......

My wife and I always wear our helmets, and as it turned out, it is a good thing. We were riding back to Helen, GA on 29 May 14, from Highlands NC, when she went down, hard. Her bike did a summersault and she hit the pavement on her left side. Broke 5 ribs, lacerated spleen and various lesser scrapes and bruises. The bike was totaled and I feared she was as well, watching this happen from my mirrors. Her 3/4 helmet was scratched on the entire left front side with a 4inch crack in her Vega helmet. Her shield was down or she would have had severe facial injuries. Attachment 7265