Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 15

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    @Kirkster: That's exactly the way i do it, when we are going on big tour and the saddle bags are full

Attachment 9176
    That helmet is secured to a mirror....that can be unscrewed by hand....seems a wee bit ineffective.

😄👍 It's just an advertising picture for the lock system from Schuberth.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

I am not the biggest fan of helmets but I made a promise
    to the parental units and I shall abide by those words.

Here's my two cents worth. I totally get the mentality of "freedom of choice", but, I saw a scenario play out about five years ago that changed my thinking. I have a friend whose 19 year old daughter was following a motorcycle and they both pulled into a right hand turn lane. The motorcyclist then slammed on his brakes because a pedestrian stepped out into the crosswalk. My friends daughter couldn't quite stop in time and she barely bumped the motorcycle. The motorcycle tipped and but the rider stayed on his feet, but as he was trying to maintain his balance he tripped over the curb and hit his head on a steel newspaper dispensing machine. 6 days later he passed away from a brain bleed. And the daughter was prosecuted for vehicular manslaughter! I know she was at fault, but, had the rider been wearing a helmet, he would be here today and the daughter would not have received a 3 year jail sentence (of which she only actually served 13 months).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
     It's just an advertising picture for the lock system from Schuberth.
    I am going to buy a Schuberth C-3 Pro, already have the Scala system....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    For those of you that don't believe in helmets go to m109r forums , General topics and click on Rockfordrider goes down hard. Scroll down till you find pics of his injuries. He was pulling out of a parking lot. Barely moving. Helmet on and he would have walked away. The site will let visitors view this. Food for thought.

Direct link to the topic shooter mentioned: http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...fordrider+hard
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

shooter
    Thanks for the backup K.

As has been stated, here in NC you don't have a choice----and I am fine with that. Same with seat belts and I was wearing them long before ANY state passed the law requiring them. I have a variety of lids from half helmets (Harley, HJC, Scoripon, Bell Pit Boss) and 2 three quarter, both Bell. At bike weeks in Fla and SC I generally do not wear one, but that is city and urban riding for the most part. Riding is a dangerous sport with or without a helmet---so is riding in a car and I know people who have choked to death while eating. It may just be me fooling myself, but I feel safer riding in jeans and a tee shirt in SC city and backroads than I do wearing a ton of gear while running the speed limit on I-40 getting there.

All that being said, it is the smart thing to do. BTW---I had a cousin get killed on a bike back in the 90's. A Helmet still won't protect you against foolishness.

I along with my wife(she rides her own) wear our helmets 95% of the time even though they are not required here in Ohio. There have been many times that 10 or so bikes were together and we are the only ones wearing helmets. I feel that it's only a matter of time before the insurance lobbyists and the law makers pass helmet laws for highway money the same as they did seat belt laws. Until then I will continue to wear my lid anyway.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......