Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 17

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Not wearing helmet ?

One head - One life - only ONE OPTION - Wear it !

Without HELMET I couldn't enjoy my rides EVER !

I always wear a helmet. Half helmet for riding/crawling in parades. Other than that it is a full face helmet (Snell rated or better, not just DOT) for me. BTW the wife (she rides her own) wears hers all the time too.

With the stock F6B windshield a full face helmet is almost mandatory if riding at any speed.
    HJC CL-17

Wear a 1/2 but thinking about geting a 3/4 for out on the freeway.....quieter.....

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    For those of you that don't believe in helmets go to m109r forums , General topics and click on Rockfordrider goes down hard. Scroll down till you find pics of his injuries. He was pulling out of a parking lot. Barely moving. Helmet on and he would have walked away. The site will let visitors view this. Food for thought.
    I read that thread in its entirety. So first--glad to see he is on the mend, if a long and tough road. I always wish a fellow rider long life and health.

But to depersonalize this (because I'm not going to kick a fellow rider while he's down and I truly wish him the best), I noted that the plea went out for donations for assistance with his medical bills. Isn't that another obvious reason why we should not think of helmet use as a purely personal choice? Because if we go down hard, as this man did, and we don't have a helmet, the medical bills (if we're lucky, and funeral expenses if we're not) will land on our loved ones or society. So no, it is not a purely personal decision unless you are able to carry the freight yourself for entirely preventable injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    Because if we go down hard, as this man did, and we don't have a helmet, the medical bills (if we're lucky, and funeral expenses if we're not) will land on our loved ones or society. So no, it is not a purely personal decision unless you are able to carry the freight yourself for entirely preventable injuries.
    As you probably know, in Canada we have free universal medical care. So our government has every right to insist and enforce our wearing of helmets, as it's every taxpayer who ends up footing the bill for all medical care.

I gladly make the trade off of freedom of choice for no cost medical.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    As you probably know, in Canada we have free universal medical care. So our government has every right to insist and enforce our wearing of helmets, as it's every taxpayer who ends up footing the bill for all medical care.

I gladly make the trade off of freedom of choice for no cost medical.
    You are one lucky bird and we agree with you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    You are one lucky bird and we agree with you ...
    Not sure I'm in total agreement. However, in the spirit of choices, I do believe that those who choose not to use a helmet should be held responsible and accountable for their own medical.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    I agree with 53. I hate restrictions. However if you choose to be careless it should be on you. I believe riding without a helmet is foolish. But you can do it if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I agree with 53. I hate restrictions. However if you choose to be careless it should be on you. I believe riding without a helmet is foolish. But you can do it if you want.
    And back in Realityland, who is ever going to check their net worth before deciding whether or not to wear a helmet? Most blokes don't even check their tire pressure.

Mandatory helmet laws is one of the easiest ways to save lives and unnecessary injury, at the minuscule cost of depriving people of the option of making a dumbass decision about whether or not to wear a helmet.